The Student Room Group

A2 Grade

Hi there all,

I achieved AAAB (1 UMS off A) in Bio, Chem, Maths and Computing (B) at AS level. May I also take this opportunity to congratulate all of you on your amazing AS/A2/UKCAT scores. I have my UKCAT on saturday and I am *********** it.

I'm applying for medicine at Kings, Sheffield, Leeds and Cardiff.

I achieved 82% in Biology and Chemistry with AAB in the modules, and I achieved a comfortable 92% in Maths with 94% C1, 94% C2 and 89% S1.

I will obviously need to obtain a minimum of AAB, with an A in bio/chem. I would like to know if I should be able to maintain my A grades in bio/chem at A2 (not afraid of hard work) as I do not wish to retake any papers at all.

Also do you think its worth remarking my computing paper for the sake of 4 A's, as I did miserable fail my Critical Thinking Enrichment (D :biggrin:)?

Thanks
Reply 1
Worth a try on the remark. :smile:
Reply 2
How about just a retake? Do you think you can do a tad better (even if your not continuing to A2 with it)?

Can get a remark then retake though.

Shouldnt be critical anyway.
Reply 3
I think you'll be able to maintain those grades. I went from a C at AS to a B at A2 in chem with 1 retake and a better work ethic, and from what I can tell pretty much everyone else in the chem and bio classes maintained their AS grades. Work hard though.

Good luck!
Reply 4
Quady
How about just a retake? Do you think you can do a tad better (even if your not continuing to A2 with it)?

Can get a remark then retake though.

Shouldnt be critical anyway.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't see the point in retaking though, my medicine universities all require a minimum of a C at the dropped subject. I most likely will get a remark as this could take me to 4 A's without retakes.

I simply don't want to retake because I'd like to focus all my attention on my A2 modules.
Reply 5
I've just completed my Alevels and got AAAB with a B in bio.
Let me give you some advice, the last paper for bio is a sinker, its horrible. I had As in every unit except the last unit where I completely messed up somehow and it pulled me off an A overall. So I would warn you to be prepared. You need to make sure you have about A+ at least 20 in both Chem and Bio to make sure you can get an A overall. I was on A+27 before the final exams in Bio so i'm pretty pissed off that I couldn't get an A.

Btw doing resits when you get to the summer of your A2s isn't as bad as you would think, as long as they don't clash with any other exams. It really makes you relearn the information properly again before your final exam so its not time wasted. I would sugget you resit the units you got a B in, they will appear so much easier when you come to revising them again I promise you! Its better to be safe than sorry

Latest