17summerellc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
hi i was curious what is a roughly is. good number of flashcards per page of. arevision guide. i am averaging 15 a page which i feel is too much. the subject where i averaged this was in biology aqa higher seperate and i have covered a majority of the first topic

futurelawtrainee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Flashcards should be something that you've taken from a reduced version of your initial notes. Fifteen is too much, you shouln't have more than two per page. I suggest that when writing flashcards, make sure you're making them about 2 weeks after learning a topic, as in those two weeks when you revisit and answer questions to do with the topic you will know what is actually important to remember.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
fifteen a page is an awful lot especially from one page of a revision guide, a book where the information should already be condensed down. make sure you only have the key words and facts on your flashcards.
17summerellc
Rep:
?
ok thank you
brainzistheword
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 17summerellc)
hi i was curious what is a roughly is. good number of flashcards per page of. arevision guide. i am averaging 15 a page which i feel is too much. the subject where i averaged this was in biology aqa higher seperate and i have covered a majority of the first topic
I think it depends on what you're putting on the flashcards. I used to make them for my GCSEs and they'd focus on quite detailed bits. So I'd put a question on one side and the answer would generally be a sentence or less so I could make plenty out of one page of a revision guide.

If you're using flashcards to try and practice active recall for specific facts/figures, then I don't think the number matters. If you're trying to condense a page of notes into a smaller set of notes, then as people have said above, you probably want to look at exactly what you're extracting from each page so you only focus on the key bits.

Hope that helps
17summerellc
Rep:
?
thats exactly what i am doing i appreciate the response.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.22%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50.09%
I still don't know (97)
16.7%

Watched Threads