Is Swansea University a good uni?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm thinking of applying to Swansea, is it a good uni? What are your experiences?
blythmayrichards
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm thinking of applying to Swansea, is it a good uni? What are your experiences?
I’ll be going in to my third year at Swansea in September. I think it’s a great uni personally. It’s pretty small but all of my lecturers are so kind and helpful, the societies are amazing there’s so many to chose from, you’re right by the sea and there’s some amazing places nearby. I’ve enjoyed my time at swans a lot
Initiative01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi I’ve been there for an open day.

It’s a great uni but i think i will have to get used to the seagulls lol
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Initiative01)

Haha yeah, I'm thinking of applying there, I'll have to get used to the smell of the sea since I'm not a huge fan
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Initiative01)

Easy way to avoid seagulls is to not eat outside. Then they leave you alone. Watch out for our resident geese on Singleton campus though, they are known to cause a little chaos especially traffic jams!
Phoenixfeather99
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Haha yeah, I'm thinking of applying there, I'll have to get used to the smell of the sea since I'm not a huge fan
Swansea is a great uni and I’m sure you’ll get used to the smell of the sea. (I’ve not noticed it myself) Did you visit bay campus by any chance when you encountered the “smell”?
StarLinyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Respectable uni. Not in the top rank (KCL, Durham, Warwick etc.), but quite good nevertheless.
Phoenixfeather99
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by StarLinyx)
Respectable uni. Not in the top rank (KCL, Durham, Warwick etc.), but quite good nevertheless.
Umm I’d have to slightly disagree with you there. Yes Swansea isn’t a RG but we actually beat RG in league tables for quite a few subjects. I believe we are currently 9th in the country for Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering for example. We also rank highly in many other league tables as well as being a red brick university. Just because Swansea isn’t a RG doesn’t mean it’s not a good uni.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
Swansea is a great uni and I’m sure you’ll get used to the smell of the sea. (I’ve not noticed it myself) Did you visit bay campus by any chance when you encountered the “smell”?
I haven't been to an open day yet as both of them, unfortunately, got cancelled due to storm Dennis and Corona. But since I want to study engineering I will be visiting Bay campus.
StarLinyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Phoenixfeather99)
Umm I’d have to slightly disagree with you there. Yes Swansea isn’t a RG but we actually beat RG in league tables for quite a few subjects. I believe we are currently 9th in the country for Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering for example. We also rank highly in many other league tables as well as being a red brick university. Just because Swansea isn’t a RG doesn’t mean it’s not a good uni.
It is a decent uni, but it doesn't have the weight of the top rank universities (i.e. those that feature much higher on global league tables).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
26.64%
No - I have already returned home (32)
11.68%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (57)
20.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (30)
10.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (82)
29.93%

Watched Threads