The Student Room Group

Computer science vs engineering for a job in artificial intelligence

Hey there,

I have a passion for computers and robotics. I have taken lots of online courses in programming as well as Arduino and other things. Ultimately, I would like a job as a machine learning job or something similar. I was wondering whether it would be better to apply for computer science at university or apply for engineering and then study artificial intelligence in third and fourth year. I'm fairly certain I would enjoy computer science but I am also worried about missing out on the more practical side of engineering as well the artificial intelligence modules.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by Rahul247
Hey there,

I have a passion for computers and robotics. I have taken lots of online courses in programming as well as Arduino and other things. Ultimately, I would like a job as a machine learning job or something similar. I was wondering whether it would be better to apply for computer science at university or apply for engineering and then study artificial intelligence in third and fourth year. I'm fairly certain I would enjoy computer science but I am also worried about missing out on the more practical side of engineering as well the artificial intelligence modules.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

computer science or physics would make sense for machine learning. check modules learnt aswell but your idea is still a good idea as computer science is something which can always be learnt / applicable with engineering just make sure you are coding on a reg and perhaps take extra classes on computer sci

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending