How bad is this recession going to be?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm 29 and went through the 2008 economic recession when the banks collapsed.

Jobs were hard to get by with many applicants and university fee's rose.

What happens to someone who always worked? I always got a job at agencies where they seem to need 200 workers at the warehouse and I am driving. I always got some warehouse job at an agency.

I'm graduating in computing and looking for a graduate job where there are many programming languages jobs, web dev, php, javascript, etc and I have a strong portfolio of projects.

Will it get harder to get warehouse jobs now and it will be different then before and why?
Anonymous #1
Bump
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Try not to worry.
As long as you are healthy, hard working, have a reputation as a helpful & reliable worker and no criminal record- there will always be a job for you.
Just ensure that you remain on good terms with all your work references and keep your social media presence very clean or only visible to friends (with no controversial photos/opinions).
richmkay
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In regards to a recession, its going to be bad, there are millions of people facing redundancies through no fault of their own, and will be looking to find new jobs/welfare from the state

I would say, if you have a job currently, be the one to always go the extra mile, that way IF they look at redundancies, they will look upon you and go, no, this person is a brilliant worker, it would be bad to let this person go
Anonymous #1
Thanks guys.

Why are people getting redundant?
MalcolmX
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks guys.

Why are people getting redundant?
businesses are not getting many sales due to government restrictions
Anonymous #1
However things are relaxing, people are going back to work, theme parks are opening, so are bars, restaurants, people do work from home.

I hope its nothing like the recession we had starting from 2008 or 2010, lots of graduates could not find work, it was chaos back then, it was a bit scary too. Jobs were hard to find, however I hope I can still find a job where I've always found a job at agencies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (70)
40.23%
Take autumn exams (59)
33.91%
Look for a job (4)
2.3%
Consider an apprenticeship (6)
3.45%
Take a year out (24)
13.79%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
6.32%

Watched Threads