retainer taste in the morning Watch

emilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yea i use to get that, i just use to clean it and my teeth every morning as soon as i got up

i don't think there is much else you can do tbh
xxstace123xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to put bonjela on mine lol. So it tasted nice
Charlski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is why I had my traintracks out after a month... I used to have a constant disgusting taste. Turned out to be a plaque build up I couldn't deal with behind the plastic bit on the top of my brace, which I couldn't remove at all.

Anyway, it'll just be something like that. At least you can remove the retainer.
*anon*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ive had my retainer since year 10 and now ive just finished year 13! i cant get away from it, i mnust be addicted haha since im so scared of getting bad teeth (even that before braces mine weren't even that bad lol) but still i think the taste etc is definitly worth it.
When ive worn the thing at night, i soak it all throughout the day with steredents in really hot water.... then at night before i go to bed... i brush my teeth, brush my retainers, mouthwash, and maybe splash it on retainers lol, rinse and put them on a strange ritual but its hard to stop i might be an obsessive lol. but the taste isnt that bad in the morning... its just like normal morning breath, but as soon as i wake up i do the whole thing again straight away!
(when i sleep out at a friends etc i dont wear it!)
Alison267
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i had a dream last night that i started wearing my retainers again, due to this thread... haha
cejam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Basically the saliva that is trapped in the retainer congeals overnight and then 'goes off'. Apparently this is normal. Although I agree it sounds and tastes awful!
Agiwghthtwtbey
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by *anon*)
ive had my retainer since year 10 and now ive just finished year 13! i cant get away from it, i mnust be addicted haha since im so scared of getting bad teeth (even that before braces mine weren't even that bad lol) but still i think the taste etc is definitly worth it.
When ive worn the thing at night, i soak it all throughout the day with steredents in really hot water.... then at night before i go to bed... i brush my teeth, brush my retainers, mouthwash, and maybe splash it on retainers lol, rinse and put them on a strange ritual but its hard to stop i might be an obsessive lol. but the taste isnt that bad in the morning... its just like normal morning breath, but as soon as i wake up i do the whole thing again straight away!
(when i sleep out at a friends etc i dont wear it!)
Smart but I would be careful using really hot water, that's why my ortho said not to use hot water if it's too hot she said the retainer can actually melt. It *is* only plastic after all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1411)
79.63%
Leave (361)
20.37%

Watched Threads