The Student Room Group

What's the best "catch up" revision technique?

I feel like i have done barely any revision during quarentine.
With the weight of working on my EPQ and personal health problems (mental and physical), I feel like I really need a boost of my actual subjects! I take Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics; Does anyone have some good study techniques for playing catch up?
You need to find a revision technique where you are working smarter not harder. Find something that makes you motivated to work and sit down for lengthy periods but where you are actively taking in information. I don't really know what works for science because I'm a language and humanities student myself, but my friends who got predicted As/A*s this week all have said that they've been making really big, colourful posters on A2 sheets of paper, they've been making flashcards, going over their notes and condensing them, they've planned to do practice papers over the summer. If the issue is that you haven't learned what you were supposed to because of the lockdown, then if you can find videos to teach you and then do a bunch of practice questions or worksheets for your subjects if you can find any. Ask your friends for their notes which you should then copy down because then it all goes into your head.
With your EPQ, I'd say set aside 30 mins to 1 hour a day over the summer for it, nothing more
For your health, try getting up in the morning and doing some exercise or watch the news or do some yoga, something that will get you going and get your mind focused. I like being on my bike whilst watching BBC Breakfast.
Hope this helps
Good luck!
Original post by Gary S
I feel like i have done barely any revision during quarentine.
With the weight of working on my EPQ and personal health problems (mental and physical), I feel like I really need a boost of my actual subjects! I take Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics; Does anyone have some good study techniques for playing catch up?

Your subjects are very heavy 😱 what worked for me was Short videos on YouTube that keep it brief. They are good to watch. I also advise you use Seneca, it also keeps it brief and gets your mind thinking. It should have your exam board on there. Also, have you been talking to someone or getting mentored in regards to your mental and physical health? No one should suffer in silence. I don’t even know you but anyone who takes 4 heavy subjects for A Levels are hard-working and determined people who want to be successful and will be successful. I hope you are well and I hope my idea helps at least a bit.
Reply 3
Amazing, thanks for the suggestions! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending