The Student Room Group

Student loan for A levels

I'm planning on doing a one year intesive a level course at a private school which would cost 14k in total. I am 17 years old, going into year 13 but looking to switch to private instead. I am eligble for a student loan (17, UK citizen, not on a part time or full time job but I help my dad at his place which has got me enough money to opne up a bank account and so on) Question is am I eligbe for a student loan, is this possible to fund for A levels? And how much roughly? The entire 14k?
Unfortunately student finance don't cover Level 3 courses like A levels. They do have an advanced learner loan that can cover tuition fee on these types of courses, but the course needs to approved with them, and you need to be 19, so wouldn't be any use.
Original post by bobfish11
I'm planning on doing a one year intesive a level course at a private school which would cost 14k in total. I am 17 years old, going into year 13 but looking to switch to private instead. I am eligble for a student loan (17, UK citizen, not on a part time or full time job but I help my dad at his place which has got me enough money to opne up a bank account and so on) Question is am I eligbe for a student loan, is this possible to fund for A levels? And how much roughly? The entire 14k?

You won't be eligible unfortunately, so you'll have to self-fund if you want to do what you've suggested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending