The Student Room Group

Would you date a man who had gynecomastia?

Mine is minor so I fit the criteria of my chest being smaller than the girls.

I am athletic I take care of my health, I just had unusual hormones at one point as a teen which was out of my control.

Surgery for it is expensive (not covered by NHS and it’s around 5k minimum) and risk of botched surgery is scary.

Also I really don’t know how noticeable it is when you wear a tshirt. I notice it myself but my friends don’t bring it up.

Would I have to bring it up in a first date or something?

Scroll to see replies

Post a pic
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Post a pic

No I don’t think I will
That shouldn't be an issue. I dated a guy with gynecomastia and my breast is small if we were to compare. It was not an issue at all. We broke up because of distance not for any other physical reasons.
It's not such a big deal I used to fret about it a lot when I was younger wouldn't undress during PE lessons.

Embrace it.
Reply 5
Original post by Black Cat
It's not such a big deal I used to fret about it a lot when I was younger wouldn't undress during PE lessons.

Embrace it.

Ah it feels like we are in a very small minority of men who have it.

Your comment reminded me of how I used to try and be strategic and try to put on my T-shirt’s quickly in changing rooms with mates aha. I’m surprised I didn’t get comments looking back
Ah it feels like we are in a very small minority of men who have it.

Your comment reminded me of how I used to try and be strategic and try to put on my T-shirt’s quickly in changing rooms with mates aha. I’m surprised I didn’t get comments looking back

You'd be surprised it's pretty common, but people generally don't talk about it.

I did the same, but nobody ever paid any attention or even noticed it's mostly in our own heads people don't really care that much. It's gone down as I got older reckon it will go away completely at some point.
Reply 7
You'd be surprised it's pretty common, but people generally don't talk about it.

I did the same, but nobody ever paid any attention or even noticed it's mostly in our own heads people don't really care that much. It's gone down as I got older reckon it will go away completely at some point.

Really? I think mines going to last forever. Had it since I was 16. I am losing fat and have built some muscle and will build more but I heard it looks worse when bodyfat goes down.

My nipple circle (aerola) is so big lol... and my chest sticks up from the side.

I’ve had some weird situations. E.g. drunk girl at uni tried to grab my chest. My friend did the same and then grabbed his to compare (I didn’t ask him and it was long ago lol)
Reply 8
You asked and I answered honestly. Whats the point of asking peoples opinions if you will just dismiss them? i just find your condition weird chil

Haha I’m just playing with ya.

Okay. So what if we dated (I assume your female). You don’t notice my chest. Then I go shirtless would you just breakup the day after because of my chest?

I’m saying what if you don’t notice it early on
Haha I’m just playing with ya.

Okay. So what if we dated (I assume your female). You don’t notice my chest. Then I go shirtless would you just breakup the day after because of my chest?

I’m saying what if you don’t notice it early on

Yeah i will sorry
Really? I think mines going to last forever. Had it since I was 16. I am losing fat and have built some muscle and will build more but I heard it looks worse when bodyfat goes down.

My nipple circle (aerola) is so big lol... and my chest sticks up from the side.

I’ve had some weird situations. E.g. drunk girl at uni tried to grab my chest. My friend did the same and then grabbed his to compare (I didn’t ask him and it was long ago lol)

I think it varies per person some people have it longer than others you can't really tell. I have had it since my teenage years as well, but it's almost gone now and I am in my mid twenties now.

Like yourself, I have been built more muscle tone over the years and really reduced my body fat percentage which helps with the reduction.
its not common stop lying

Up to 70 percent of boys in early to mid-puberty experience gynecomastia because of the normal hormonal changes that occur during puberty. Gynecomastia is also common among middle-aged and older men. In this population, up to 65 percent of men are affected.

Source: https://www.uptodate.com/contents/gynecomastia-breast-enlargement-in-men-beyond-the-basics#:~:text=Up%20to%2070%20percent%20of,percent%20of%20men%20are%20affected.

Facts....
I think it varies per person some people have it longer than others you can't really tell. I have had it since my teenage years as well, but it's almost gone now and I am in my mid twenties now.

Like yourself, I have been built more muscle tone over the years and really reduced my body fat percentage which helps with the reduction.

HOW?? It’s a gland tho... every GP has told me that it doesn’t go away
Mine is minor so I fit the criteria of my chest being smaller than the girls.

I am athletic I take care of my health, I just had unusual hormones at one point as a teen which was out of my control.

Surgery for it is expensive (not covered by NHS and it’s around 5k minimum) and risk of botched surgery is scary.

Also I really don’t know how noticeable it is when you wear a tshirt. I notice it myself but my friends don’t bring it up.

Would I have to bring it up in a first date or something?

Yes, I literally couldn’t care less. Nobody’s body is perfect.
Yeah i will sorry

Fair enough
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
No I'm not gay

so what was last night then?! :bawling:
It would depend on how critical you are of my body, tbh. If you don't point out my flaws, I won't point out yours. If it's as minor as you describe, it wouldn't be an issue.
HOW?? It’s a gland tho... every GP has told me that it doesn’t go away

It doesn't go away completely, but the body tissue surrounding the gland can be reduced as it's mostly made of body fat.
so what was last night then?! :bawling:

Fgs shhhhh :ninja:
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Fgs shhhhh :ninja:

how can i be quiet. you bummed me so hard that i fell in love :cry2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending