sadasdasfsfafg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am interested in the field of "quantum computing" but how does one even get a job in this field?
Im guessing this is more pHD level careers but what degree do you need to take for it?
computer science or electrical engineering? or even physics?
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sadasdasfsfafg)
I am interested in the field of "quantum computing" but how does one even get a job in this field?
Im guessing this is more pHD level careers but what degree do you need to take for it?
computer science or electrical engineering? or even physics?
A lot of the focus on quantum computing is in Physics at the moment, both on the theory of quantum systems and how they encode data and potentially solve problems, and also the implementation of real-world quantum systems. Those are often in things like trapped clouds of laser cooled atoms, or nano-photonic structures, so currently well outside “standard” electronic engineering.

Take a look at the following to get you started on opportunities and how you might get into the subject, there are some PhD student profiles in there that give you a good idea of how others got into the field.

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/quantum-s...ing-hub/about/
Last edited by Mr Wednesday; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (617)
33.73%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (769)
42.04%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (362)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (81)
4.43%

Watched Threads