The Student Room Group

Conditional Offer

Ok so this is my current situation. My insurance choice Kings College London, stipulates the following conditional offer:¨ Achieve the IB with 35 points and 666 at HL english and meet English Language Condition in Band B-in my case the TOEFL which I achieved 110/120 and they ask for 105/120¨ my final IB score is 35 points with 655 at HL , so you could call it a near miss. Do you think I have a chance at admission?Appreciate any response.
Original post by jjml1710
Ok so this is my current situation. My insurance choice Kings College London, stipulates the following conditional offer:¨ Achieve the IB with 35 points and 666 at HL english and meet English Language Condition in Band B-in my case the TOEFL which I achieved 110/120 and they ask for 105/120¨ my final IB score is 35 points with 655 at HL , so you could call it a near miss. Do you think I have a chance at admission?Appreciate any response.

From my knowledge, it is good you achieved the language exam requirement as universities can be much firmer on that than actual grades. Unfortunately, no-one can really tell you this other than the university themselves. There is certainly no harm in contacting them and asking if they think they will have any leniency, but even they may not know until they see the quality of other applicants' results. It may just be a waiting game I'm afraid :frown: I will keep my fingers crossed for you though!
Original post by jjml1710

You probably have a good chance of being accepted but it will depend on the numbers meeting their offers. For that reason Kings will probably defer making a decision until all the results are in and that is 13 August when others receive their A level results. This happens every year to IB students who miss their offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending