I got a bad mark because of serious pressure from my class.

Watch
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I only got 51/80 in my Physics mock, including a 10/10 in multiple choice.
I have passed a DP in Physics (which is a gifted programme in HK) with something equivalent to a 2:1 in UK, but this paper is also quite hard, harder than the real A-level exams. Because of the pressure from my class to get the top grade, I performed awfully. But my class felt relieved as even someone with a DP can only get this mark. They sighed after thinking, “Even Mr 2:1 can only get this mark, so it is normal to fail!”
Last edited by 8013; 6 months ago
Jonah9000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Don’t panic about it. And let the pressure go. Once you’ve got a uni degree no one cares about your A-levels, and once you’ve got a job and experience, no one cares about your degree. They’re just hurdles to jump on your way, but, enjoy them while you can, because once you’re a grown up you lose the freedom just to learn.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jonah9000)
Don’t panic about it. And let the pressure go. Once you’ve got a uni degree no one cares about your A-levels, and once you’ve got a job and experience, no one cares about your degree. They’re just hurdles to jump on your way, but, enjoy them while you can, because once you’re a grown up you lose the freedom just to learn.
I sang Manchester United, Manchester City and Everton chants as a forfeit.
Jonah9000
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by 8013)
I sang Manchester United, Manchester City and Everton chants as a forfeit.
Lol, your class sounds fun!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jonah9000)
Lol, your class sounds fun!
I feel embarrassing as a Liverpool fan to sing them, especially Glory Glory Man Utd.
Jonah9000
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by 8013)
I feel embarrassing as a Liverpool fan to sing them, especially Glory Glory Man Utd.
Heh!
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am now pressurised again to get 100% UMS in at least 1 unit in Physics.
I will be starting another physics course in the 2020/21 academic year at the same university. They also knew that I passed an 8-week EDX undergraduate course of second year level in the past summer, while only using 3 weeks to complete it.
Last edited by 8013; 3 months ago
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am now pressurised to get at least 570/600 UMS in Physics AL. It used to be 580 last week but after I got an awful assignment mark in the gifted course, they lowered my requirement to 570.
How can I stop that?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 8013)
I am now pressurised to get at least 570/600 UMS in Physics AL. It used to be 580 last week but after I got an awful assignment mark in the gifted course, they lowered my requirement to 570.
How can I stop that?
Just do as best you can. Just because you’re predicted that, doesn’t mean you have to or will get it.
Ignore your predictions and study like you normally would.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed