The Student Room Group

Switching course after clearing

Hi I am an IB student and my score dropped down dramatically due to the pandemic thing. I did not meet my conditions for firm and insurance. Since I got a really low mark, I am probably going to choose educational study, which has the lowest condition, but I am interested in philosophy. Is it possible for me to switch from education studies to philosophy after I get into the uni?
Original post by adamwu123
Hi I am an IB student and my score dropped down dramatically due to the pandemic thing. I did not meet my conditions for firm and insurance. Since I got a really low mark, I am probably going to choose educational study, which has the lowest condition, but I am interested in philosophy. Is it possible for me to switch from education studies to philosophy after I get into the uni?

Why not retake the IB courses? Because you know you can only improve with better prospects? Thousands of A-Level and IB candidates retake the year and progress to top universities in the end.

It is highly unlikely you could switch from Education Studies to a more demanding Philosophy course without having met the IB offer conditions.

Try to email the admissions tutors, but they too would deem your academic entry grades insufficient.

Best advice is to retake the year.
Original post by adamwu123

Whilst technically it is possible to switch from one course to another when you are enrolled, it's entirely at the discretion of the uni so they may just not permit it.

I would not start any course you weren't 100% comfortable in completing. As above, you'd be better off retaking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending