The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beastybeast
I always ask myself this question. What do you think about it

No but I am 100% for school uniform
School uniforms might also help other people which schools their wearers are from.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I don't mind school uniforms, it saved me the hassle of having to choose what to wear everyday and worrying about whether anyone will notice me wearing the same outfit as 2 days ago :lol:
It also just looks better imo if everyone is wearing something similar for example, in school photos.
And once you finish school it's a nice memory to have (or am I the only weirdo who kept my old blazer? :innocent:)

swear school stuff vanishes at end of year
School Uniform helps to make everyone feel equal. I went to a secondary school where people came from very different financial backgrounds. Generally speaking, you where either well off or incredibly poor. Whenever it was non school uniform a lot of the poorer kids got teased. A lot of people only owned one pair of shoes, 1 pair of bottoms and a couple of t shirts so people used to laugh and comment if you were wearing the same outfit as last non school uniform day. It was pretty grim and people used to pretend they forgot it was non school uniform day on purpose so they could come in wearing their uniform.

I also think its good for the parents who only have to worry about you having clean uniform which normally lasts a good year or so (depending on how fast you are growing). I think school uniform is great tbh.

It also is good for school trips knowing which school you belong to. Sometimes on school trips there will be multiple schools there at once so its a lot easier to spot your own school- everyone in my area had very different school uniforms.

The only 'problem' I see with them is that if you are caught doing something you aren't supposed to outside of school then locals can contact your school to complain. I actually had an instance where wearing my school uniform benefitted me : I one time got beat up by students from another school and someone reported them and they actually got found because of their school uniform and their description within a matter of a few days. I also was found by my school uniform and I was able to give a statement. I always thought that was incredible as I was not going to report it myself.
they're certainly not essential but the pros outweigh the cons imo. Until you get into college/sixth form.
Yes. How else is one suppose to differentiate between two groups of students from alternative schools?

Latest

Trending

Trending