The Student Room Group

How do you feel ahead of Results Day 2020?

Poll

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

It's about 1 months to go till results period - Tuesday 4th August for SQA students, Thursday 13th August for A-Level students, Thursday 20th August for GCSE students.

But how do you feel about results right now?

Are you feeling good about it knowing you've put in the work prior so should get the grades you need? Or did you have a terrible time and hoped to pull it out the bag for the summer exams? :hugs:

Scroll to see replies

I had a terrible time in year 12, pulled it together a bit for year 13 and was hoping to smash summer exams. Well. I’m very worried now :lol:
Reply 2
Aww fingers crossed for you! :hugs:
indifferent?? a tad worried but more indifferent :lol:
Indifferent, I have my final year uni results coming up soon and I couldn't care less about them haha
No idea what to think or feel. This has never been done before really. It could either go really well or really wrong (or hopefully, somewhere in the middle lol).
Reply 6
Unsure. Aiming for 3 A*s inshAllah but I don't know if it's like the top 3 people in the class (rank system) that get A* or what. That number is worrying me. And I don't know how Ofqual are gonna access the ranking system; our cohort (for my subjects) did difficult half-term tests and on top of that we had higher grade boundaries as usual (teachers wanted to push us) which resulted in nearly all the A* valued students getting Bs. Some got Cs and Ds. So I don't know how Ofqual are gonna compare different schools in that way. And apparently the ranking teachers gave were based off of the cohort before us, which is really not fair. If there are 3 people who achieved A* in X subject last year, doesn't mean it will correlate to this year. Everything seems a mess and I'm actually stressing fr. And I am not preparing to retake in October as I have SOME faith I do get the 3A*s inshAllah.
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
No idea what to think or feel. This has never been done before really. It could either go really well or really wrong (or hopefully, somewhere in the middle lol).

agree haha
In my head, I feel quite confident. I know I've spent the last year and a half working at the top of my game. In theory, I should get into my firm quite comfortably. The rest of my body is freaking tf out, though. IB results day really shook me, but I'm going to wait on how SQA results turn out before full-on panicking about my A levels.
i dont trust any of my teachers to give accurate grades, half the year cheated the whole year so its all messed up, im so worried
Honestly my stomach plummets just thinking about it haha, I feel so sick. I don't want to have to go through veterinary admissions again, and if I take the autumn exams and don't get the grades I need- it's going to be a big knock on effect for a few years of my life.

The worst part is I feel my teachers have probably predicted me AAA-AAB due to my list recent report, but due to the standardisation process I could be getting ABB-BBC and I need AAC to meet my offer (contextual).
I can already see my art teacher predicting me the lowest grade she can get away with, then putting me at the bottom of the rankings to ensure I get moved down lol
Reply 12
hoping I get the grades I want because autumn exams would be a big hassle.
i hope that i end up with good grades tbh
I’m fine, although having got my a level results 4 years ago helps.

Best of luck to all,
Original post by username4247768
I'm super scared, even though it's only for AS levels :ashamed2:

Same! Mainly for uni predictions ://
Lol I am literally ******** myself. I need AAB
I'm OK. I expect a lot of appeals this year against results. I don't know how the papers and tv are going to find their usual pictures of young women to put in their papers if all results are given out virtually or by post. If no-one is going into school, perhaps they will just have to photograph their own children if they have results.
the way i see it, i have two choices.

to be confident and believe in myself or

assume the worst and be anxious for another month.

i'd rather think that i'll get into my top choice uni. for that reason, i chose confident :yep: my mock grades were the grades i needed for warwick so i'm feeling happy i put the work in when i did!
Original post by yzanne
the way i see it, i have two choices.

to be confident and believe in myself or

assume the worst and be anxious for another month.

i'd rather think that i'll get into my top choice uni. for that reason, i chose confident :yep: my mock grades were the grades i needed for warwick so i'm feeling happy i put the work in when i did!

the point is, our hard work is only 25% this time unlike last year when it was 90% and 10% was luck. This time its 25% our hard work, 25% luck, 25% school performance and what our teachers give us and 25% what our exam board thinks

Quick Reply

Latest