Want more information about this university?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi guys I'd like to understand how university works, are there exams? I will do UAL next year and I would like to understand how work is managed. when are the exams usually? are theoretical exams or project delivery?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi guys I'd like to understand how university works, are there exams? I will do UAL next year and I would like to understand how work is managed. when are the exams usually? are theoretical exams or project delivery?
Whether you have exams and what form they take depends on your course/modules. Usually universities will have the assessment type listed on the module pages.
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey,

We look forward to welcoming you at UAL next year.

As PhoenixFortune has said whether you have exams or not will depend on what course you are taking. Many of our creative courses don't involve exams and assessments instead take the form of coursework or assignments.

Which course are you coming to UAL to study? It would be worth checking out the course page for information regarding the units and how the course is assessed.

I hope that helps and I look forward to hearing more about your study plans.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions about the specific UAL college and/or course you will be attending,

All the best,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
Stanza03
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps)
Hey,

We look forward to welcoming you at UAL next year.

As PhoenixFortune has said whether you have exams or not will depend on what course you are taking. Many of our creative courses don't involve exams and assessments instead take the form of coursework or assignments.

Which course are you coming to UAL to study? It would be worth checking out the course page for information regarding the units and how the course is assessed.

I hope that helps and I look forward to hearing more about your study plans.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions about the specific UAL college and/or course you will be attending,

All the best,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
Hi Tegan just wanted to say in not the person who started this thread. I have been thinking about UAL for 2021/2022 application year, would you say you meet a range of people there, I'm currently thinking about a communication course in LCC and was worried that the only people I would meet are only creative students.

What would you say the diversity is like in the school and if you have had to deal with *****y people who think they are better than everyone.
University of the Arts London Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Stanza03)
Hi Tegan just wanted to say in not the person who started this thread. I have been thinking about UAL for 2021/2022 application year, would you say you meet a range of people there, I'm currently thinking about a communication course in LCC and was worried that the only people I would meet are only creative students.

What would you say the diversity is like in the school and if you have had to deal with *****y people who think they are better than everyone.
Hey Stanza03,

No worries I'm happy to answer anyone's questions.

I think UAL has a very diverse range of students from all different backgrounds and with distinct interests. Being a University of the Arts you are right in saying many of the students are creative students but I think that covers a large array of people and isn't a negative thing! Being based in London you also have the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life outside of university whether this is at work, on a night out or in your local community.

UAL is made up of six colleges meaning people study a plethora of different subjects ranging from communication to creative computing to fine art to fashion design.

In terms of students ego I think that is something stereo-typically wrongly associated with creative folks. I can only talk from personal experience but I have never had issues with any fellow students and found everyone very grounded and focused on their own practice.

Which communication course are you looking to study at LCC? If you have any specific questions regarding the college or course then please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest,

Tegan
UAL Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (166)
14.57%
I'm not sure (52)
4.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (335)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (34)
2.99%
I'm not a current university student (552)
48.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise