Don’t go to canterbury christ church university

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I would highly advised not to go to that University. I actually dropped out, because it was that bad. When I first started no one got their timetable for a whole month, and we had to find our own classrooms, the campus is a mess, I can’t even explain it but it’s all over the place, the only nice this was the Library, there was actually shortage of staff last year for the business department so the uni was just hiring anyone anyhow, meaning teachers kept coming and going. This actually affected the Economics students as our exam got pushed twice. Even having a personal tutor was a mess, till this day I never met my personal tutor or got an email, & also they don’t take records of your attendance even on your CCCU portal there isn’t anywhere to check your attendance. & when it came to exams, everyone cheated (including myself) cause it was so easy to cheat, they don’t do like hall exams it’s in a classroom but as long as u get to ur exam early and sit at the back turn your computer it’s so easy to cheat! But overall there’s no proper structure at all, in terms of accommodation (I lived at St George’s) it was good, security were nice and the rooms was so nice too! And it’s based in the center of town! Freshers week was decent, but I would advice going to events that the Uni of Kent have! & oh there was a Halloween party last year in the student union and a teacher was dressed as “Michael Jackson’’ and had black face (which is racist), I lived in the student union, filmed the teacher and reported it and nothing was done. The only good thing about my experience was the social side, there’s LOTS of black people (as I myself I’m a black female) so it made my social experience so much easier! but the academic side of things? Yeah forget it🤕,
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I would highly advised not to go to that University. I actually dropped out, because it was that bad. When I first started no one got their timetable for a whole month, and we had to find our own classrooms, the campus is a mess, I can’t even explain it but it’s all over the place, the only nice this was the Library, there was actually shortage of staff last year for the business department so the uni was just hiring anyone anyhow, meaning teachers kept coming and going. This actually affected the Economics students as our exam got pushed twice. Even having a personal tutor was a mess, till this day I never met my personal tutor or got an email, & also they don’t take records of your attendance even on your CCCU portal there isn’t anywhere to check your attendance. & when it came to exams, everyone cheated (including myself) cause it was so easy to cheat, they don’t do like hall exams it’s in a classroom but as long as u get to ur exam early and sit at the back turn your computer it’s so easy to cheat! But overall there’s no proper structure at all, in terms of accommodation (I lived at St George’s) it was good, security were nice and the rooms was so nice too! And it’s based in the center of town! Freshers week was decent, but I would advice going to events that the Uni of Kent have! & oh there was a Halloween party last year in the student union and a teacher was dressed as “Michael Jackson’’ and had black face (which is racist), I lived in the student union, filmed the teacher and reported it and nothing was done. The only good thing about my experience was the social side, there’s LOTS of black people (as I myself I’m a black female) so it made my social experience so much easier! but the academic side of things? Yeah forget it🤕,
I'm sorry you had a poor experience at university. You should make a formal complaint to the university, because the events you're describing do sound concerning and I'm sure you wouldn't want them to happen to other students.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
Not to sound weird, but that’s like most 1st year of university. Some are unorganised etc, you just have to try and get through it. University is a life experience, not everywhere you go too it will be organised and rosey. Just take it on the chin and push through. For instance, I’m going back to uni in September, with all this pandemic it’s not going to be all face to face etc there may be little bit of disorganisation but I’ll push through it aslong as you are focused you’ll be alright.
Amixoxo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey, I’m also starting in September. I’m nervous because I haven’t even been able to view the uni. But I’m relived to hear that it’s good in terms of the social side (I’m a black female too lol), but my main question is have you been told what the set up is gonna be like in terms of learning from September because, is there any point moving down there from London if it’s home learning?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed