Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I really want high cheek bones! Does anyone know of a particular type of cosmetic/make up that might make my cheek bones looks higher and more noticeable?
    I don't know what it is about them but I really admire people who are lucky enough to have them - I think it makes people's face structure and complexion look so bloody gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    Ive found applying blush in the right way helped

ReputationRep:
    Benefit Cosmetics make two highlighters which are great for using on cheekbones. They're called Moonbeam (golden-pink) and Highbeam (silvery-pink) They're £15 each, but last a hella long time. I'm quite pale, and use Highbeam to dot along my cheekbones - it draws attention to them, and gives a dewey, natural look.

The Benefit team call it: 'Supermodel in a bottle!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessmain87)
    Benefit Cosmetics make two highlighters which are great for using on cheekbones. They're called Moonbeam (golden-pink) and Highbeam (silvery-pink) They're £15 each, but last a hella long time. I'm quite pale, and use Highbeam to dot along my cheekbones - it draws attention to them, and gives a dewey, natural look.

The Benefit team call it: 'Supermodel in a bottle!'
    Ohh coool, thanks!

Get mineral blush, it's the latest craze!
    I'm sorry but this is just excellent - and it smells nice too, yet it gives you a shimmering finish
    This is just cute!

ReputationRep:
    I gave up trying to create high cheekbones long ago. Nothing I do really works, I've tried the whole shadow contour and highlight thing but it just looked false, maybe I applied it wrong but I don't suit looking even a little bit made up, I just look like a bit of a ******/6 year old raiding her mum's make-up box.
    Accept your low cheekbones-ness

ReputationRep:
    Search on Youtube for "face contouring" and there'll be some makeup tutorial videos on there showing how to define your cheekbones.

I personally use Benefit Dallas bronzer as its a really strong but flattering colour. Then suck your face in a bit so you can see where your cheekbones are, apply quite a strong stripe of colour on the top of the cheekbones but then blend it in a bit so it looks natural.

A pinker, slightly more shimmery powder or liquid on the top of that makes the light reflect off your cheekbones so they look even more defined.

ReputationRep:
    try to make them look dramatically more defined or higher just looks tacky most of the time in the day, so just emphasize them a little with a tiny bit of high lighter/shimmer on the top of your natural cheek bone in a bit of a streak(blended in, obv, you don't want to look like david bowie) and a little bronzer dusted underneath and in that sort of hollow between jaw & cheek bone

ReputationRep:
    I have high cheekbones. Trust me it's very overrated

ReputationRep:
    well it depends on your skin tone, if youve got warm golden colored skin, use a shimmery light reflective beige with a darker brown, and appy the shimmer with a brush on the main bit of the bone you see, suck in your cheeks when doing this, and then with the darker colour, you want a line of that going in the HOLLOW part of your cheek where theres no bone-as this creates a shadow. If your pale, use a light rose, and then a plum colour.

ReputationRep:
    i have high cheekbones...it's not over-rated at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atoms4peace)
    i have high cheekbones...it's not over-rated at all
    I know it isn't.
    I've tried all the different make-up techniques and even booked an appointment at this beautician's because the lady said she'll show me how to do it properly.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone says I have high cheekbones, but I really don't think i do! lol I think blushers your best bet!! xx

ReputationRep:
    When you apply blusher, do it with a brush and while you're smiling so the apples of your cheeks stand out. Apply by brushing in circles, and brush upwards from the apples. Use a darker shade - I use a blusher palette with a peachy pink, a pinky pink, a darker pink and a bronze, so I pick up more of the bronze - diagonally on your own cheekbones leading up to the outside corner of your eye. It'll give your cheekbones more definition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SofinaaBabess)
    I really want high cheek bones! Does anyone know of a particular type of cosmetic/make up that might make my cheek bones looks higher and more noticeable?
    I don't know what it is about them but I really admire people who are lucky enough to have them - I think it makes people's face structure and complexion look so bloody gorgeous!
    I use a blusher and highlighter by Collection 2000- its seems to do the trick. I dont think my cheek bones arent particularly high, but they are quite prominent so definately use blusher and highlighter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolilady---O)
    I have high cheekbones. Trust me it's very overrated
    You're a lucky girl.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.