Open University student-part time and done one year of OU and previous 2 years of uni

Watch
Civil89
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I wish to apply as an OU student, where I have completed 150 credits self funded and have previously studied two years of university which I did not pass/get a qualification.

What do I apply as (maybe part time application), for 90 credits and what is the process?

Thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Civil89)
So I wish to apply as an OU student, where I have completed 150 credits self funded and have previously studied two years of university which I did not pass/get a qualification.

What do I apply as (maybe part time application), for 90 credits and what is the process?

Thanks
Hi, you must always apply as part time as an Open University student.
Thanks, Isaac
Civil89
Rep:
?
Thank you.

I started this degree on 01 2015, do I click on the section ;started this course' and put 01 (Jan) 2015?

Also when I try to continue it says:

Sorry, something has gone wrong

An unknown error has caused the application to stop working.

Thank you
Last edited by Civil89; 3 months ago
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thank you.

I started this degree on 01 2015, do I click on the section ;started this course' and put 01 (Jan) 2015?

Also when I try to continue it says:

Sorry, something has gone wrong

An unknown error has caused the application to stop working.

Thank you
How many years has it been since you last studied?
Thanks, Isaac
Civil89
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
How many years has it been since you last studied?
Thanks, Isaac
I last studied in summer 2017, it may be 2018 however I'm sure it is summer 2017. I was doing first year part time and deferred studies after. However all of this was self funded.

Thanks
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I last studied in summer 2017, it may be 2018 however I'm sure it is summer 2017. I was doing first year part time and deferred studies after. However all of this was self funded.

Thanks
You will be classed as a new student so you should put the date you are starting the course now and you shouldn't receive an error.
Thanks, Isaac
Civil89
Rep:
?
Thank you.

I did study two years of university before and did not complete or get a qualification.

And I also have studied 150 credits of my current degree. Last time studied Summer 2017 or 2018.

ALSO:

I'm trying to reapply and restart another application, I clicked on the relevant options to me and I cannot click on the 2020/21 application.

When I go back to complete it I still receive that error now.

I still get this error everytime I try to complete that application.
Last edited by Civil89; 3 months ago
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Thank you.

I did study two years of university before and did not complete or get a qualification.

And I also have studied 150 credits of my current degree. Last time studied Summer 2017 or 2018.

ALSO:

I'm trying to reapply and restart another application, I clicked on the relevant options to me and I cannot click on the 2020/21 application.

When I go back to complete it I still receive that error now.

I still get this error everytime I try to complete that application.
Good morning, sorry to hear you are still receiving the error. Please complete a paper application form https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms
Thanks, Isaac
Civil89
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
You will be classed as a new student so you should put the date you are starting the course now and you shouldn't receive an error.
Thanks, Isaac
Good morning,

The error has gone and I am going to complete this application where it says:

' 2020 / 2021 Part time Course details not given

STATUS YOUR APPLICATION IS INCOMPLETE''

I am trying to complete the application however it has forgot where I have completed 150 credits self funded and have previously studied two years of university which I did not pass/get a qualification. I'm confused I'm sure I filled this out and the application should automatically have it. So I have to complete the other uni course details.

Another section:

And it states IN THE SECTION Have you studied or are you currently studying any higher education courses?

A 'higher education course' is a degree, foundation degree, HND, HNC or any postgraduate qualification such as an MA.

Tell us about any higher education course you attended,

Even if i didn't complete it.'.when I put in the details for my second university 'When did you study your course?

Study start date' I can put the start date, however I have not completed the qualification. However I have to put the end date as I'm looking to continue studying.

If I do not complete this there is an option to reapply or start another application.

What should I do?
Last edited by Civil89; 2 months ago
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Good morning,

The error has gone and I am going to complete this application where it says:

' 2020 / 2021 Part time Course details not given

STATUS YOUR APPLICATION IS INCOMPLETE''

I am trying to complete the application however it has forgot where I have completed 150 credits self funded and have previously studied two years of university which I did not pass/get a qualification. I'm confused I'm sure I filled this out and the application should automatically have it. So I have to complete the other uni course details.

Another section:

And it states IN THE SECTION Have you studied or are you currently studying any higher education courses?

A 'higher education course' is a degree, foundation degree, HND, HNC or any postgraduate qualification such as an MA.

Tell us about any higher education course you attended,

Even if i didn't complete it.'.when I put in the details for my second university 'When did you study your course?

Study start date' I can put the start date, however I have not completed the qualification. However I have to put the end date as I'm looking to continue studying.

If I do not complete this there is an option to reapply or start another application.

What should I do?
Good morning, you should include any previous higher education study. Do you receive an error when trying to add this?
You shouldn't put your current course in this section, only previous courses that have ended so that you can put the start and end date.
Thanks, Isaac
Civil89
Rep:
?
Good morning, you should include any previous higher education study. Do you receive an error when trying to add this?
You shouldn't put your current course in this section, only previous courses that have ended so that you can put the start and end date.
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you very much. I will do that.
Civil89
Rep:
?
Thanks, Isaac
For course and loan section,

It asks for how long is my course, however I started mine in Feb 2014 and I've completed 150 credits and I've deferred a year, I'm not sure how many years to put please?

I'm looking to complete the all the credits by summer 2022.

Thanks
Civil89
Rep:
?
Bump, sorry I just need assistance on this please.

It would have been 3 years full time.
Civil89
Rep:
?
I have, if it was full time it would be 3 years, like I said I started in Feb 2014 and in the last 2 years, I did not take any credits or study. So summer 2018 last studied and I aim to finish in summer 2022. 150 credits still left.

So what do I put 'how many years' is my course?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
For course and loan section,

It asks for how long is my course, however I started mine in Feb 2014 and I've completed 150 credits and I've deferred a year, I'm not sure how many years to put please?

I'm looking to complete the all the credits by summer 2022.

Thanks
As this is a new application you should state your course is starting in 2020, or whenever the start date is. As it's a part time course, the years you input can change, so if you input 4 years but then decide next year it will be 6 years it can be updated. If you are unsure how many years to put then I advise you to speak with your university.
Thanks, Isaac
Civil89
Rep:
?
As this is a new application you should state your course is starting in 2020, or whenever the start date is. As it's a part time course, the years you input can change, so if you input 4 years but then decide next year it will be 6 years it can be updated. If you are unsure how many years to put then I advise you to speak with your university.
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you.

My course is 3 years full time. 6 years part time, however I did want to study last year full time, which would have put it 5 years in total because I wished to study final year full time (first 2 years part time 4x60 credits original plan, final year full time makes it 5 years in total, did not study for 2 year and deferred a year).

However, like I said I started in Feb 2014 and in the last 2 years, I did not take any credits or study. So summer 2018 I last studied and I aim to finish in summer 2022. 150 credits still left. I tried to count however I got confused. So far I started Feb 2014 and only completed 150 credits.

You did state to speak to my university, which I will, however according to you, how many years should I put how long is my course? Maybe 5 since this is literally what I done so far or tried to do.
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you.

My course is 3 years full time. 6 years part time, however I did want to study last year full time, which would have put it 5 years in total because I wished to study final year full time (first 2 years part time 4x60 credits original plan, final year full time makes it 5 years in total, did not study for 2 year and deferred a year).

However, like I said I started in Feb 2014 and in the last 2 years, I did not take any credits or study. So summer 2018 I last studied and I aim to finish in summer 2022. 150 credits still left. I tried to count however I got confused. So far I started Feb 2014 and only completed 150 credits.

You did state to speak to my university, which I will, however according to you, how many years should I put how long is my course? Maybe 5 since this is literally what I done so far or tried to do.
If it's a 6 year part time course, I would put 6. However it's totally fine if you put 5 and then next year if you put 4 or 6. Part time applications can change as students can study at a higher intensity.
Thanks, Isaac
Civil89
Rep:
?
If it's a 6 year part time course, I would put 6. However it's totally fine if you put 5 and then next year if you put 4 or 6. Part time applications can change as students can study at a higher intensity.
Thanks, Isaac
Thank you very much!
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thank you very much!
You're welcome
Civil89
Rep:
?
You're welcome
Hello again,

It stated what year I will be applying and I said 4th, which is correct because according to my timeline the 5th and final is 2020/21.

However I need to have the student finance sorted by 4 weeks and it will up to take 6 weeks which said on the website, I think I need some code to submit to OU, is their anything I can do just incase the application does not get sorted in time?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.56%
I'm not sure (56)
4.63%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (588)
48.64%

Watched Threads