Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As we operate under "Team GB" should the 2012 Olympics be about all countries involved in team GB or should only be about London and england?

ReputationRep:
    Team GB

ReputationRep:
    Wait what? All the countries involved in Team GB? What are you on about?

ReputationRep:
    I think he means scotland, NI, Wales, ROI and such
    edit: ok, he didn't

ReputationRep:
    China doesn't operate under Beijing. Australia didn't operate under Sydney. Greece didn't operate under Athens. Spain didn't operate under Barcelona. USA didn't operate under Atlanta...

It's not going to be any different to any other olympics.

ReputationRep:
    London is the Capital of the United Kingdom, hence 2012 will be about GB. It's utterly stupid thinking that it'd only be about London or England.

ReputationRep:
    London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chooka)
    As we operate under "Team GB" should the 2012 Olympics be about all countries involved in team GB or should only be about London and england?
    I don't see what England could possibly have to do with it, but yes it should be a UK-wide, albeit London-centric, event.

ReputationRep:
    London, ftw!!!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I don't see what England could possibly have to do with it, but yes it should be a UK-wide, albeit London-centric, event.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Include Scotland, wales etc, they are not REAL countries. Their athletes compette in our team so it's not really fair to ban them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epitomessence)
    *Cringe*

ReputationRep:
    :|

ReputationRep:
    They having some sort of victory parade in London or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epitomessence)
    What is it meant to be? o_0

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.