AmmarZ07
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi,

I'm an international student studying Construction Engineering & Management. I'm considering both Loughborough uni for ( MSc in Construction Project Management with BIM ) and Bath uni for ( MSc Architectural Engineering: Environmental Design ). Both courses work for me! but really confused about which one is better to live and study? which one is better from employment prospects in the UK?

Regards!
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by AmmarZ07)
Hi,

I'm an international student studying Construction Engineering & Management. I'm considering both Loughborough uni for ( MSc in Construction Project Management with BIM ) and Bath uni for ( MSc Architectural Engineering: Environmental Design ). Both courses work for me! but really confused about which one is better to live and study? which one is better from employment prospects in the UK?

Regards!
Hi AmmarZ07,

Both universities are great options and are top engineering campus universities. Have you looked in detail at the modules taught on each of the programmes to see which stand out to you best for what career pathway you are looking at?

Our Construction Management with BIM programme is designed to deliver a high quality educational experience that develops and sustains your knowledge, skills and aspirations in the further advancement of your career within the construction industry. We have connections within the industry, who value the opportunity to contribute to the programme in their capacity as prospective employers. This provides an ideal opportunity for you to engage in discussions about employment opportunities.

Check out what our students have to say about their experiences with the course here.

Do you have any other questions about Loughborough that we can help you with?
Best Wishes,
Emily
University of Bath Postgraduate
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi,

Regards!
Hi AmmarZ07

Glad to hear you're considering Bath for your postgraduate studies!

While I am not on the same course you are applying for, I can tell you about my experience on a School of Management course.
My experience this year has been fantastic. Many of my lecturers have had successful careers in industry and are able to utilise their experiences to aid their teachings, which I've personally found very useful and interesting. This also means they have a fantastic network of contacts and we regularly have noteable guest speakers take some lectures. On top of this, they seem a lot more engaged than the lecturers I had for my undergraduate degree and are more than happy to give you some of their time to offer support with the course or give insightful career advice. It is also very clear that a lot of time has been spent on the structure of the course in order to ensure we not only learn the required content but also develop the necessary soft skills that appeal to employers.

On top of this, the University itself offers fantastic careers support. You are able to book 1 to 1 sessions with the careers team to discuss anything job related, proof read CVs and cover letters, give relevant advice and insight into specific company's application processes (students are encouraged to feeedback to the careers service whenever they are successful in securing a graduate job in order to help future students). As well as this, they regularly run mock interviews and assessment centres and other more general support workshops.

More information about the Careers Service can be found here: Careers Service

The City of Bath itself is a beautiful place to live, one of the safest cities in the country and is rich with history, although it is relatively small and slow-paced. Some students find there isn't a great deal to do in their downtime and the nightlife doesn't meet expectations, so if you're someone who would feel more comfortable in a slighlty bigger city, perhaps Loughborough would be a better fit. Many students do however, take advantage of the fact that Bristol is less than 15 miles away (about a 15 minute train ride), a much bigger and more happening city with a much better nightlife, and I've even known a few students to live there and commute. It all depends on your preference, it is important to remember that you'll be living there for the best part of a year!

I hope this has helped, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch!

Ollie
MSc Engineering Business Management
AmmarZ07
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Thanks for both of you, will read your comments in details. Appreciate your help
AiselAlaa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for both of you, will read your comments in details. Appreciate your help
where did you end up going?
AmmarZ07
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by AiselAlaa)
where did you end up going?
I have offers for 2021, still didn’t made up my mind
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (53)
17.97%
No one else does (92)
31.19%
I'm embarrassed about my background (32)
10.85%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (99)
33.56%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.03%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.03%

Watched Threads