Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
Non-story aside, what the hell is a "smart mug"? :confused:
(Original post by physicsamor)
What does the mug actually do? What is a smart mug? that's all I want to know. Does it tell you whether the plan to kill more people is working or not?
(Original post by Comeback Kid)
What the hell is a smart mug?
Nick Ferrari was talking about it this morning. Apparently it keeps the tea (or coffee) at the exact same temperature for 3 hours,

If he takes 3 hours to drink it I don’t think tea is his drink tbh.
Last edited by Andrew97; 1 month ago
Comeback Kid
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Nick Ferrari was talking about it this morning. Apparently it keeps the tea (or coffee) warm for 3 hours,

Who the heck would take 3 hours to drink a cup of tea? I never even knew this existed, but I would like a glass that kept a drink cool for three hours.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Who the heck would take 3 hours to drink a cup of tea? I never even knew this existed, but I would like a glass that kept a drink cool for three hours.
One imagines sunaks flask would do this. I should have been clearer initially. It keeps the tea at the same temperature.
Comeback Kid
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
One imagines sunaks flask would do this. I should have been clearer initially. It keeps the tea at the same temperature.
Cool, I'll look into buying one of those on Amazon. The cup does sound cool, but the price is ridiculous.
physicsamor
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh, see if I was travelling for work I just would use a flask... A mug that you use at home... Seems kinda pointless. But it's his money so.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What's wrong with keeping a kettle in the corner of his office?
Other_Owl
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Who bl00dy pays £180 for a mug?
SweetSexySavage
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seriously this is meant to be news?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
He must be bored reading a different copy of that same book everytime!
it is Mein Camp... Hitler's account of how artificial coffee enabled him to establish the Third Reich
daveymcloughlin
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
It's The Mirror, and it's raison d'être is to play identify politics. Ignore it.

He earnt a fortune in the city. If he wants a £1800 mug then so long as he's bought it with his own money, then it's entirely his own business.
Isn’t he married to a billionaire’s daughter?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Whilst I think it is a waste of money, at least he has a clue about his job.
Not noticed what you've said there?

The chancellor with the highest deficit in UK history wasting money.....
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nick Ferrari was talking about it this morning. Apparently it keeps the tea (or coffee) at the exact same temperature for 3 hours,

What happens after 3 hours?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Quady)
Not noticed what you've said there?

The chancellor with the highest deficit in UK history wasting money.....
A clue does not mean he has got everything right. I think the stamp duty cut is wrong and will not build another house, for example. Contrast his performance with the rest of the cabinet.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well its just one of those quirky things but I could imagine people who are constantly in & out of meetings all day finding some use for it tho.
I actually think its a nice gift for business people as they tend to be into coffee and often don't have time to get a new mug's worth every hour during the workday.

If you want to keep a drink cold this is much harder as you need to take energy out of the drink (putting energy in is easy). But presumably as ambient temperatures are too warm you would need a compressor, a condenser, an evaporator a fan and a heat exchanger around the fluid you wish to cool. Basically you need a mini-fridge built around a glass, I imagine this would cost a lot more than £180.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
tf is a smart mug?! Isn't its sole function to, well, hold liquids?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (38)
23.9%
Better than expected (35)
22.01%
Worse than expected (86)
54.09%

Watched Threads