The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Starting Swansea University and coronavirus

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by swanseajack1
Anyone going to stay here needs to be aware it is approx 1 mile to the shops or Wind Street or a 15 minute walk.

It's just by the train station and there's going to be new bus stop right next to the entrance to the accommodation :colondollar:
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
It is not right next to the train station. I worked in the building right next to the rail station for 35 years so know the area extremely well. It is further up Morfa Road which is the other side of the station with no direct road. The route to the station involves turning right onto New Cut Road then taking 2 lefts at Dyfatty Lights then coming back down High Street. This is the route the bus takes coming past Student Roost. The other route involves turning left onto New Cut Road and right alongside Parc Tawe which is the route you would take for the Shopping Centre.

There is a tunnel that goes to the station. From experience I would advise any student indeed anybody to avoid it. We used to use it years ago for the office but stopped using it because it wasn't safe and it was frequented by very undesirable people. I think it has since been boarded up. Swansea generally is a safe city but the area of High Street from the station to Dyfatty is best avoided especially the Dyfatty end. The tunnel between the strand and the high street should definitely be avoided. A friend of mine a former journalist and rugby player got mugged at knife point in the early morning in that area.

The safest route and the easiest to get into the City Centre which incidentally is 1/2 mile from the Rail Station is the route alongside Parc Tawe and that is approximately 1 mile from your building. That is fact and please stop misleading people. Their safety needs to come first not some rubbish that you are feeding them.

Quick Reply

Latest