Avipsha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Help!
If my GCSE results are good enough I'm planning to do the IB but I'm confused on what my HL subject in Group 3 option should be. Initially, I was stuck on doing Psychology, but now Global Politics has taken my interest and I don't know what to pick. I was dumb enough not to visit the Global Politics room in open evening and obviously bc of the pandemic we didn't have an Induction Day.
Could someone plsssss help me and give an honest opinion on both of these subjects????
nabitai
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Avipsha)
Help!
If my GCSE results are good enough I'm planning to do the IB but I'm confused on what my HL subject in Group 3 option should be. Initially, I was stuck on doing Psychology, but now Global Politics has taken my interest and I don't know what to pick. I was dumb enough not to visit the Global Politics room in open evening and obviously bc of the pandemic we didn't have an Induction Day.
Could someone plsssss help me and give an honest opinion on both of these subjects????
Hi! I graduated from the IB last year i'd say do GP HL, which is what I did! before I started the IB I thought that GPHL and SL were completely different which isn't the case at all. All HL students learn the exact same thing as SL students, with an additional module that is tested through coursework rather than exams. I know for fact that GPHL is significantly easier than psych, especially because the psychology course was revamped and changed which if your school isn't great puts you at a disadvantage as its more likely your teacher isn't up to scratch with the new course content.

unless you're passionate about hl psych then take politics. its much easier as politics works with subjective judgements and psychology works with objective facts and science, which means its a lot less tolerant to bs-ing. ib is difficult, and its not worth taking more difficult subjects that you're indifferent about. also the nature of hl glopol means that you're constantly reinforcing previous knowledge and topics which means you need to revise a whole lot less than psych, as you end up naturally retaining a good chunk of the course content.
Last edited by nabitai; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (163)
38.08%
Take autumn exams (130)
30.37%
Look for a job (16)
3.74%
Consider an apprenticeship (19)
4.44%
Take a year out (73)
17.06%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
6.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed