The Student Room Group

Boyfriend or girlfriend liking exes photos- would you be concerned?

Hello everyone,

So an ex boyfriend of mine had a girlfriend a few years ago who he admitted had suggested a few months before meeting me, she suggested getting back together.

When I saw that he likes her photos, I couldn't help but feel anxiously by it.

He said it was nothing but something in my gut made me so nervous about it all.

Is this something that would worry you or was this an overreaction on my behalf?
Reply 1
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what it is telling you.
But don't feel possessive, threatened or jealous about your bf's ex.
Either you trust your bf or you don't.
If you don't you know what that means about your relationship.

The fact that you like some social media posts and follow other social media users accounts does not automatically mean that you want to dump your partner to date them. The same applies to your bf.
Remember that his relationship with the ex failed and ended before he even met you, it belongs in his past not your present.
Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what it is telling you.
But don't feel possessive, threatened or jealous about your bf's ex.
Either you trust your bf or you don't.
If you don't you know what that means about your relationship.

The fact that you like some social media posts and follow other social media users accounts does not automatically mean that you want to dump your partner to date them. The same applies to your bf.
Remember that his relationship with the ex failed and ended before he even met you, it belongs in his past not your present.
Good luck!

Thank you x
Dunno, I like or comment on a few of my exes photos and no ones ever had a problem
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone,

So an ex boyfriend of mine had a girlfriend a few years ago who he admitted had suggested a few months before meeting me, she suggested getting back together.

Is this something that would worry you or was this an overreaction on my behalf?

He shouldn’t be liking his ex’s post in my opinion
Yes it's disrespectful and shows he still has feelings for her.
It honestly depends. If my partner liked his most recent ex's photos I wouldn't mind, as I know there are no feelings there whatsoever. However if it was another girl I would mind, as she's caused lots of problems for us in the past - but he doesn't have her on social media anyway.

You have to talk to him about how it makes you feel, and see what he says then. Her being an ex isn't an issue, but her wanting to get back with him potentially is. At the end of the day you have to be able to trust him, and if you can't it's going to be a problematic relationship, unfortunately.
Hello everyone,

Overreaction, there’s nothing wrong with liking a photo. It’s just a photo
Original post by YourClassLiberal
Overreaction, there’s nothing wrong with liking a photo. It’s just a photo

Ik but that’s his ex’s photo
Ik but that’s his ex’s photo

Just because you break up with someone doesn’t mean you need to hate them and cut of all contact
Original post by YourClassLiberal
Just because you break up with someone doesn’t mean you need to hate them and cut of all contact

Yeah true it depends really
(How did this work before facebook anyway? did you have to take poloroid photos around the pub asking if people liked it, then cry or hit them?)
Hello everyone,

This is such a hard situation!

The only personal experience I can use to relate to you is when my bf always liked his female friend's posts where she posts suggestive pictures of herself in e.g. lingerie and other underwear. I let him know that I'm not comfortable with him being that close to her (she also said things like '**** me daddy' presumably as a joke to him which made me really uncomfortable) and he automatically stopped liking her posts. Over time I felt more comfortable with them talking to each other and I also messaged her once just for small talk to familiarise myself with the situation. It worked and I'm no longer jealous but I can't guarantee that it will work for you...

You said 'ex-boyfriend' and a 'few years ago'. Are you overthinking about something that happened ages ago in the past?
The fact that he knows she still likes him makes it a problem in my opinion.
Reply 15
Hmmm this really depends tbh.
I would like to say it is disrespectful but having realised how most people are nowadays, it depends.
It could be a sign he has moved on and is more of a friend now and it could be a sign that he has not exactly moved on.

You need to establish whether you trust him or not. And explain to him calmly how it makes you feel without having a go at him. The issue is you need to know you can trust him and the bit really making you uncomfortable is that she wanted to be back in a relationship with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending