YesMan123456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So today my father received a call from one of my Biology teachers saying how I've skipped all lessons so far and haven't been engaging with the online work and as a result, I got an earful from him...

When school closure began my motivation DROPPED. I found my self unable to complete or engage with any of the online work set by my teachers ( I do Bio, Chem and Geo). For a period of time, I managed to get myself into a routine where I would do my own independent revision; this didn't involve the online work set by teachers. This did not last long and I found myself being lazy and doing no work.

Finally once June began I actually managed to complete and send in 3 or 4 tasks set by one of my Biology teachers (this was the first bit of work I handed in since school closed...) but my old habits came back and I got lazy. I decided to plagiarise for one of my tasks due to its difficulty (not really) and made no effort to hide it. This served more as an F u to my bio teacher for contacting my parents for not completing her work if I'm being honest with my self.

Skip to June 15th when my school decided to open again and I began to attend my geo and chem lessons but decide to miss my bio lessons. I fooled my Mother and Father into thinking I had gone, which served as an easy task and instead decided to hang around in my local park for 2hrs straight with my phone as entertainment. However, on Monday when I had my Geo lessons I was confronted by her. She pretty much questioned why I hadn't been attending her lessons and why I've been "avoiding" and ignoring her. Needless to say, this all came out today and I got caught (not in the act).

I heard my father pick up the house phone and something deep inside me knew it was my Bio teacher. They talked and talked. She made the claim that I had been "rude" and apparently "scared" her during our conversation. This is completely untrue and I'm not sure why she has made these claims.

Anyway, my main question I guess is what should I do? Even though I feel like I already know the answer to this. I think I'm going to be expected to attend next weeks lesson (which is our last) but every bone in my body is saying not to go. I am VERY stubborn so if I'm expected to apologies for my apparent "rudeness" that sadly won't happen. Should I bang out the work I haven't completed over the summer holidays? Any advice is appreciated!
Wal123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi. I would say that you should go to the lesson, because at the end of the day, u did choose these A-Levels (including biology) so I presume that u like them a decent amount. You don't need to necessarily say sorry but by coming back it kinda hints that u are, even if u might not be.

Concerning the hw it will definitely seem long but try and grind it out ever summer bcos idk if ur thinking about uni or what u will do after college, u probably will need ur teacher's help since she will give u ur predicted grades that u will need for an apprenticeship, uni and so forth, so probably u should say sorry but even if u don't just try and be a little nicer, cos idk the teacher or anything but from my experience most of them are reasonable.

Hope that helps
CaramelCamel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I would advise you to go in and make sure you apologise as well. You don't want to get kicked out of sixth form over this and so even though it can be hard to swallow your pride and just say sorry, it's the best way to move forward and put it behind you. Sixth forms tend to be quite strict about behaviour and attendance so you might not be able to carry on studying there - it would be a shame for you to not be able to continue chemistry and geology. Even if you do decide not to continue with A Levels, apologising is just the polite thing to do and it's part of growing up and being an adult about things (being the bigger person and all that). Make sure you do all your work over the summer if you want to go back. Maybe try harder than normal as well to try to make up for the loss of focus over the past weeks. They will probably understand that people will have lost motivation over lockdown (I know I have! ) but you should still try your best to catch up. Hope this helps and I also hope I don't sound too preachy I can't exactly talk, I keep missing deadlines and stuff and not paying attention but you just have to make up for it afterwards.
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by YesMan123456)
So today my father received a call from one of my Biology teachers saying how I've skipped all lessons so far and haven't been engaging with the online work and as a result, I got an earful from him...

When school closure began my motivation DROPPED. I found my self unable to complete or engage with any of the online work set by my teachers ( I do Bio, Chem and Geo). For a period of time, I managed to get myself into a routine where I would do my own independent revision; this didn't involve the online work set by teachers. This did not last long and I found myself being lazy and doing no work.

Finally once June began I actually managed to complete and send in 3 or 4 tasks set by one of my Biology teachers (this was the first bit of work I handed in since school closed...) but my old habits came back and I got lazy. I decided to plagiarise for one of my tasks due to its difficulty (not really) and made no effort to hide it. This served more as an F u to my bio teacher for contacting my parents for not completing her work if I'm being honest with my self.

Skip to June 15th when my school decided to open again and I began to attend my geo and chem lessons but decide to miss my bio lessons. I fooled my Mother and Father into thinking I had gone, which served as an easy task and instead decided to hang around in my local park for 2hrs straight with my phone as entertainment. However, on Monday when I had my Geo lessons I was confronted by her. She pretty much questioned why I hadn't been attending her lessons and why I've been "avoiding" and ignoring her. Needless to say, this all came out today and I got caught (not in the act).

I heard my father pick up the house phone and something deep inside me knew it was my Bio teacher. They talked and talked. She made the claim that I had been "rude" and apparently "scared" her during our conversation. This is completely untrue and I'm not sure why she has made these claims.

Anyway, my main question I guess is what should I do? Even though I feel like I already know the answer to this. I think I'm going to be expected to attend next weeks lesson (which is our last) but every bone in my body is saying not to go. I am VERY stubborn so if I'm expected to apologies for my apparent "rudeness" that sadly won't happen. Should I bang out the work I haven't completed over the summer holidays? Any advice is appreciated!
Might as well go and squash the beef, just tell the teacher you will have the goods done and dusted over the summer ready for september......
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (210)
38.53%
Take autumn exams (164)
30.09%
Look for a job (19)
3.49%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.04%
Take a year out (97)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (33)
6.06%

Watched Threads