Tkanodia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
How relevant are internships in history for your CV?
Will Not doing one be disadvantageous for masters admission and acquiring a job?
Tonya.KS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Most internships are beneficial for your CV. Out of curiosity, what kind of internships are available in history?
Tkanodia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tonya.KS)
Most internships are beneficial for your CV. Out of curiosity, what kind of internships are available in history?
Thank you for the response.
That is actually the problem. There are very few and most come from museums as much I have been able to find out. Not many around so that's the difficulty. Research under a professor might be possible but I was told to wait until MA for that.
Tonya.KS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I know it's difficult but trust me in saying that try to find summer internships before your final year and not wait until MA. A lot of people underestimate the power of internship and doing entry level jobs during your degree. Internships will aid you massively, and I mean massively, in securing a job after your degree. A degree alone is no longer enough nowadays.

Also, expand your views on jobs and don't limit yourself to certain jobs (i.e. be picky). What about publishing firms? Some require the knowledge of researching through old newspaper and database. Reach out to people you know or networking will often land you a job not advertised online/ newspaper. Hope this helps
Tkanodia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tonya.KS)
I know it's difficult but trust me in saying that try to find summer internships before your final year and not wait until MA. A lot of people underestimate the power of internship and doing entry level jobs during your degree. Internships will aid you massively, and I mean massively, in securing a job after your degree. A degree alone is no longer enough nowadays.

Also, expand your views on jobs and don't limit yourself to certain jobs (i.e. be picky). What about publishing firms? Some require the knowledge of researching through old newspaper and database. Reach out to people you know or networking will often land you a job not advertised online/ newspaper. Hope this helps
Thanks a lot, I did start searching some already. I'll take you advise for the publishing firms and check them out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads