Want more information about this university?
sunshine34
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Are Aston lenient in terms of entry grades as AAA is quite high! Also, what are some points I should write about to stand out in my PS?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I've just finished college and I'm planning on studying Optometry at Aston this September. When I applied, their website originally said the requirement was AAB, however after my interview, I received an offer of ABB. So they can be lenient!

As for your personal statement, make sure your opening paragraph explains why you want to study Optom and a brief idea of what you want to do in the future. Definitely mention your work experience at an optician and go into depth about what you learnt e.g. the equipment you saw being used, dealing with difficult scenarios, how to communicate with patients.

If you haven't been able to do work experience at an optician, mention any other work experience/volunteering/extra curriculars which helped you develop the key skills an Optometrist needs like communication, empathy, organisational skills etc.

Hope this helps Good luck with your application! And feel free to ask me any other questions
sunshine34
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! I've just finished college and I'm planning on studying Optometry at Aston this September. When I applied, their website originally said the requirement was AAB, however after my interview, I received an offer of ABB. So they can be lenient!

As for your personal statement, make sure your opening paragraph explains why you want to study Optom and a brief idea of what you want to do in the future. Definitely mention your work experience at an optician and go into depth about what you learnt e.g. the equipment you saw being used, dealing with difficult scenarios, how to communicate with patients.

If you haven't been able to do work experience at an optician, mention any other work experience/volunteering/extra curriculars which helped you develop the key skills an Optometrist needs like communication, empathy, organisational skills etc.

Hope this helps Good luck with your application! And feel free to ask me any other questions
Thank you so much!! Very helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (114)
38.38%
Take autumn exams (94)
31.65%
Look for a job (9)
3.03%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.03%
Take a year out (51)
17.17%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
6.73%

Watched Threads