Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When my Dog is asleep he tends to termmor, its been going on for about 6 months now and otherwise he's a healthy dog, he gets all his boosters but its really worrying.

oh, hes a Lakeland Terrier.

Dose anyone have any ideas on what could cause this?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Nightmares.
    Take him to a vet?

ReputationRep:
    my dog is laid next to me "woofing" and chasing rabbits in his sleep
    I wouldn't worry too much

my dog is like 14 and a labrador and can hardly walk aswell tho so they're hardly on par..
    jsut ask a vet if you're worried

edit: he also tremors a lot when he's awake and asleep but I think that's just because he's old

ReputationRep:
    My dog does that, more so when she was a puppy than now. In all honesty, he's probably just dreaming, about running around and stuff! My dog used to bark in her sleep too, terrified the crap out of me the first time!

ReputationRep:
    I know my little Jack Russell goes through periods of trembling when she's awake - I just put it down to her being a small dog.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    Nightmares.
    Take him to a vet?
    Yeah, We are, I just wanted some none professional opinions and to see if it was uncommon and whatever.

ReputationRep:
    My dog (a border terrier), my old dog (a greyhound) and my sister's dog (a jack russell) all do/did this when they slept. Their legs shake a bit and they make quiet barking noises. I think they think they're chasing rabbits and stuff I doubt it's anything to worry about but see what the vet says.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, well my dog also sometimes growls or whines in his sleep, which I assume is a result of dreaming.
    Is he old? Could be canine parkinsons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    Cool, well my dog also sometimes growls or whines in his sleep, which I assume is a result of dreaming.
    Is he old? Could be canine parkinsons.
    what's canine parkinsons?

ReputationRep:
    Both of my dogs do that, one is 11, the other is 2 years old. My friends Dog (10) does it too. They're dreaming!
    It's quite sweet, looks like they're playing the piano.
    But sometimes you can make clear distinct movements, they lap up water, lick things, their heckles (the fur on the back of their neck) sticks up, their feet move, they wag their tails, they make barking noises. It's just dreaming

ReputationRep:
    Its dreaming

ReputationRep:
    My 7 year old labrador does this now and again. Occasionally yelps or growls too.

Generally nightmares - I tend to gently stroke her back and talk softly to her and the mood of the dream calms down and becomes happy again.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    It's either dreaming or lying on a nerve *nods* My dogs do it when they're awake!

My hamster also barks and runs when he's asleep. My dogs think they're people and my hamsters think they're dogs!

ReputationRep:
    My cat twitches constantly, opens and rolls his eyes, whines, meows and purrs, all in his sleep (looks adorable though). I concur with all the posts that say your dog is just dreaming, OP. Animals are weird when they're asleep.

Take him to the vets is you're worried though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lampshade)
    My 7 year old labrador does this now and again. Occasionally yelps or growls too.

Generally nightmares - I tend to gently stroke her back and talk softly to her and the mood of the dream calms down and becomes happy again.
    It's the most adorable thing in the world when you wake them up and they wag their tails and look at you, like "oh thank god it was just a dream!!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    whines, meows and purrs
    Dreaming about sex?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squid)
    Dreaming about sex?!
    Who knows, he hasn't been neutered yet :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    It's worth getting it checked out, just to make sure it's nothing serious.

My cat used to do the normal level of twitching in his sleep, but since he suffered nerve damage he now flops about like a fish out of the water. Poor thing has flopped himself right off the bed on more than one occasion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooro)
    Who knows, he hasn't been neutered yet :giggle:
    ewwwwwwwwww.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squid)
    ewwwwwwwwww.
    :hahaha:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.