URGENT! should I work with webnovel?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ive recently been contacted by webnovel On wattpad where I write novels and share them. They like my work and have offered me a non exclusive contract to share my novels on webnovel. I've never heard of this before but I'm thinking about it. I've had a look at the website and it says you have to upload a certain amount of words everyday which is something I can't do right now as I'm in my final year at uni doing an MA and will be busy for the next few months with my final project. What should I do? Would they let me join the site after I graduate? Should I take this opportunity?

I haven't replied to them as I just saw the message now and don't know what to do. HELP!
PonyWizzy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ive recently been contacted by webnovel On wattpad where I write novels and share them. They like my work and have offered me a non exclusive contract to share my novels on webnovel. I've never heard of this before but I'm thinking about it. I've had a look at the website and it says you have to upload a certain amount of words everyday which is something I can't do right now as I'm in my final year at uni doing an MA and will be busy for the next few months with my final project. What should I do? Would they let me join the site after I graduate? Should I take this opportunity?

I haven't replied to them as I just saw the message now and don't know what to do. HELP!
I've never heard of webnovel and I don't write on wattpad, but I am a writer and I have contacted a couple of publishers about my novel to see where the reaction is currently at. It's still in the editing phase, and both publishers who said they were interested in publishing my book have said they're happy to wait for me to fully finish the book before getting back to them (that was last summer and I STILL haven't finished it - oops). So, in my experience if they genuinely would like you on board and like your work, they'll be happy to wait. I'm still doing my A levels at the moment so I haven't really got much time to edit my book, and it probably won't be finished fully until September next year. So, I'd explain that you are busy, but (if you are) you're interested in the opportunity. Hope that helps!
irisincolour
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m in the exact same situation! I only ever started Wattpad for fun, and I’ve made a book called “notebook” which is just random scenes and characters that come to my mind. It is not a novel or anything, just notes, but I still got that message.I have a feeling they’re just going to as many people with a book as possible to get users on to their platform, because my book clearly is not a a novel. See, in a non-exclusive contract, they would make money too by taking some of your profits.If you’re serious about writing, and you are passionate about your current story, I think you should consider taking a look at proper publishers. I don’t think Webnovel actually cares about people’s writing, just their money. I struggle to believe that one account has read so many stories in a couple of days. Like, I’m a teenager and they’re offering me a contract. It seems dodgy.You don’t have to go with what I say, because it’s your career, but I personally would look for other publishers. Nobody has even heard of Webnovel!I know you’ll make the choice right for you.Good luck, irisincolour (that’s my name on Wattpad.)
Last edited by irisincolour; 1 year ago
Atarah27
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I was contacted too and I really didn't have that much knowledge about their pay but I started writing there long before they even contacted me. When you answer the message (through email) they'll give you the details. Like there are two types of contracts: the exclusive and non-exclusive. I think when you read it you'll understand better and make your choice
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (148)
54.61%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (37)
13.65%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.44%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.59%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.9%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.8%

Watched Threads