User491
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m confused about the application process. I know that you should apply in your penultimate year but I was expecting to start getting work experience in my second year so how would that work ? Is it frowned upon to apply after you graduate because I think then I would have more experience and higher chances of securing a TC
DSilva
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by User491)
I’m confused about the application process. I know that you should apply in your penultimate year but I was expecting to start getting work experience in my second year so how would that work ? Is it frowned upon to apply after you graduate because I think then I would have more experience and higher chances of securing a TC
Not at all. Lots of people get a TC after they graduate, sometimes several years after.

Although some will get a TC in their penultimate year, these are the minority and don't at all feel that you've missed the boat if you haven't.
montyr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Are you a law student? Or non-law?

If a law student you should be applying for vacation schemes in your second year, these can then lead to a TC offer contingent on your final year grades.

If non-law then add a year to the timings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (98)
38.28%
Take autumn exams (82)
32.03%
Look for a job (8)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.13%
Take a year out (44)
17.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
6.25%

Watched Threads