Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello.

At the moment im feeling really frustrated angry and annoyed at life and at myself and im not like despressed about it i am trying to turn this anger into positive energy and motivation because usually if i set my mind to something i can achieve it.

I am studying medicine at the moment which is great and uni life has been good so far but ( i have made a thread about this before) over summer i have relaised that some people who i thought were my friends arent. My 'best friend' didnt even call me once just text me a few times and i just saw pictures on facebook of her her sisters and some of her sisters friends at a wedding, now usually her sister ( who is just a year older) invites me along to things like this i was like another sister but for some reason this time i wasnt included and not even told about it and it has really annoyed me, my boyfriend always said you cant rely on her she doesnt care about you as much as you care on her and i always gave her the benefit of the doubt but she was right...i feel jealous of the people who went and feel angry to be not included in the whole thing.

So now im thinking i want to make some good girl friends ones i can rely on hang round with and just be there for me, of course my bf is but i want the girl company which is totally different going into the 3rd year and then onto placements with my bf as my partner it might be tough but i really want to do it so im happy, i just feel jealous of people who have 'their girls' i wish i could have it too.

i relied on my best friend for so long and never really made friends with other girls or made a group of friends, i am friends with some people but they are already aprt of a friendship group and i dont know if i can become part of that.

sometimes i think i should become career minded and just work hard in excelling in my course and froget freindships and what not as i have seen other people do.

i had a flat mate who was in the same situation as me and she flirted her way into a new group of friends as in they were guys and she got to know the guys and then the guys girl friedns and now she has a solid group of friends but im sure you dnt have to flirt your way into a friendship group....or do u?

im usually really good at making friends and never felt socially deprived i dont knwo whats happened to me.

i just want to make a turn around in my life and be happy instead of frustrated and angry all the time and think why me.

arghhhhhhhh

thanks for reading if u have...its just a rambling vent.

ReputationRep:
    :console: don't give up on the concept of friends! You will meet people if you keep trying who do really like you and don't ******* you about like these girls have. If you just focus on the work and nothing else, in the end it will become too much for you and you'll end up in an even bigger state...

ReputationRep:
    Agreed with pipkinlove dont give up. There'll be some great people who'd be there just for you its just one of those things....the waiting game. Hang out with different people and hopefully it should just happen .

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.