Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello! Has anyone received a welcome letter from Salford, explaining where we are suppose to go/meet for the freshers week? :confused: All i have received so far is a letter with internet passwords so i can view the reading list etc...which would not let me view the reading list!

Also, have many people received their payment schedule through the post? SFD website says letter was sent on 12 August, but i have not received this. After waiting in a queue for nearly ONE HOUR :eek: to speak to a telephone advisor, i gave up! :mad:

Its only 3weeks on Thursday that i move and getting worried that i have no details to give uni for my loans or where to go...arghhh!!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    i am starting to get a bit worried aswell, i have had absolutly nothing in the post, think il leave it until end of the week, then start making some enquiries.

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks is nothing, try not to worry too much, you'll get your notification. I think I was a week away from moving in when I got notification one year!

I swear that place is getting worse, though, sorry for you guys just starting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coulson)
    i am starting to get a bit worried aswell, i have had absolutly nothing in the post, think il leave it until end of the week, then start making some enquiries.
    If you find anything out Coulson, would you mind letting me know please? I have just spent another 20mins waiting to speak to someone to check my payment scedule hasn't gone astray, but have given up :mad: and wrote a letter in stead...which will probably go into a never ending queue to get read! Lets hope we get sorted soon!:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    I swear that place is getting worse, though, sorry for you guys just starting!
    yikes! :eek: are you still there or have you transferred to York uni?

ReputationRep:
    Did my 4 years, now back home.

My location is York, not York Uni, there's a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)

My location is York, not York Uni, there's a difference.
    Doh, so there is!!! :p: You could have transferred for all i knew though and actually be living in York! I love that place. You done great to do 4 years at salford, i went on one website which was really off putting, so many people were dropping out before the end of their first year!

ReputationRep:
    Tried to do my fees today on the Salford uni site, there is a drop down list to choose course start dates, but there is nothing in there to pick and its a required field so it won't let me progress to the next page, what a pile of fail.

If there is still nothing by saturday im gonna email my course administrator, if i find anything out il post it here, what course are you going to be doing Granny Smith? might be that we are in the same school, im doing construction management.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Coulson! I have wrote to Salford, explaining my concern of wandering around like a lost ole wildebeest when i get there! Asked if they could possibly some info in the post to the newbie.

I found that website a bit kak to be honest, could not find any info which i needed!

I am going to be studying counselling and comp meds and kakking it!

ReputationRep:
    I received 3 letters today, 1 was my registration form, 1 was from my course adminstrator with induction timetable, course modules and course reading list. The 3rd was from student finance with their payment schedule.

happy now, hope your stuff comes soon granny smith.

ReputationRep:
    WOW! That's great you got everything all in one go, i am pleased that is all sorted for you at last! Maybe mine will arrive today!

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter today telling me how, as a returning student, I can register online.

Exellent.

Now, seeing as I grad'd 3 months ago....:rolleyes:

Don't hold your hopes up guys.

ReputationRep:
    i only need to buy 3 books for the course, but all together they cost about £250.

ReputationRep:
    One of my books is £100 alone as they have to print it on demand. **** that.

ReputationRep:
    i only need to buy 3 books for the course, but all together they cost about £250.
    Are these books brand new? If not i've got loads on amazon on the cheap.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhhhh nooooooooo! Please do not tell me we are expected to pay that for books? I am left with under £40 week after rent and have all my bills to pay out of this!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I cant find one of my books anywhere, only place i can get have to print it and it costs like £150. Think i might wait until i get to uni, maybe i can buy it from the school.

Unlucky granny smith, i have done the maths and have around £120 a week, but probly wont spend half of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by granny smith)
    Ohhhhhh nooooooooo! Please do not tell me we are expected to pay that for books? I am left with under £40 week after rent and have all my bills to pay out of this!!!!
    Beginning at Uni is always dead expensive, so during the first weeks you'll have to spend more money than during the rest of the year.
    Don't panic and start saving!

ReputationRep:
    I have been saving Mire! Unfortunately the first lot of savings went on my bond and this second lot of savings will be for my 1st months rent and the actual move!! It is now impossible, bar for a lottery win, for me to have a spare wad of cash to spash around! Maybe i could visit a nursing home for ole men and see if i could make a fast buck?!!!

ReputationRep:

Unlucky granny smith, i have done the maths and have around £120 a week, but probly wont spend half of that.
    Ooh, Coulson, you are very rich! I must admit to envying you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2008
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.