Turn on thread page Beta

I'm just passed teens. I agreed to have sex with my ex as 'a favour' but she forgot to bring a condom. I didn't want to then but she got annoyed and so i went ahead as she said there'd be no problem and she wouldn't keep the foetus in any case... Some weeks passed... things didn't work out well as friends and we stopped talking but upshot is: she's pregnant and wants to keep it. Now what shall I do? we're not in the same country now and neither have finished education yet. Advice?

ReputationRep:
    Erm..... yup, you're ******.

Remember for next time: Condoms can be brought in many a place, keep a stash.

hmmmm, this sounds like it was done on purpose to me.....

you can either drop your education, go over to where she is, get a job & support her
    or
    you can end all forms of contact with her & live your life.

Bleh, either way someone gets hurt. I'd say go & support the kid.

ReputationRep:
    She forgot to bring a condom? Why didn't you?!

ReputationRep:
    Surely, as the one who would wear the condom, it is your fault for not supplying your own?
    Silly boy.

Looks like you're going to be a daddy.

ReputationRep:
    As above, your in a tiff and it's your own fault... not really much you can do to be honest. Accepting responsibility might be a start. Making sure it is yours is probably another thing to do. Then you have to tell your family.

ReputationRep:
    ...oh dear. But I suppose it was a mistake and you're young. Just make sure that you learn from this mistake?
    Try and get back in contact with her, and make sure its clear that her keeping it is against your wishes.

ReputationRep:
    If this was soap-land she would have already been pregnant by another guy, wanted to frame you as the Dad so insisted on condomless sex so she could say it was yours.
    Watch out if it is born "early" but seems fine!

Anyway this is H & R anon, it IS soapland!

well what does she expect you to do?
    if she keeps it (and it is yours) you should support it, but you dont have to move over there.

ReputationRep:
    Should've wrapped it up before you slapped it up tbf.

Should've made with the latex.
    Now you've received the late text from her............you know, the one that says she's late!

ReputationRep:
    She "forgot" to bring condoms? How convenient. I bet she didn't realise it was her fertile period either.

You've been had mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I agreed to have sex with my ex as 'a favour' but she forgot to bring a condom.
    There is your problem!

I am gussing here that she was drunk and you wanted to lay her as you hadn't had any in a while and this is your little cover story for taking advantage of her.

I cannot imagine a sinlge woman wanting sex from someone like you as a 'favour' so please drop the act.

ReputationRep:
    Ridiculous amount of spam in this thread. Cut it out please.

Thing is we agreed she'd bring the condom and then when there wasn't one i wanted to back out and she said that sex was the whole point and got annoyed. Then she said she wouldn't keep it and now says she wants it...

Basically i feel like it was on purpose. She did say i could have as much involvement in the matter as i like. I want to know what my parents think but she's made me promise not to tell them... why?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thing is we agreed she'd bring the condom and then when there wasn't one i wanted to back out and she said that sex was the whole point and got annoyed. Then she said she wouldn't keep it and now says she wants it...

Basically i feel like it was on purpose. She did say i could have as much involvement in the matter as i like. I want to know what my parents think but she's made me promise not to tell them... why?
    Did it not ring any alarm bells that she was planning on getting pregnant before even having sex?

ReputationRep:
    Thankfully, as you're now in a separate country to her, it'll be a lot harder for her to shackle you into being a child maintenance money slave.

ReputationRep:
    Has she told her parents? How old is she?

one word....********d lol. I think most people will agree with me lol

Post alerted - Moderator

(Original post by devongirl)
    Has she told her parents? How old is she?
    No i don't think so and she hasn't finished uni yet.
    (Original post by FyreFight)
    Thankfully, as you're now in a separate country to her, it'll be a lot harder for her to shackle you into being a child maintenance money slave.
    How do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee_Kid)
    Erm..... yup, you're f** *ed.

Remember for next time: Condoms can be brought in many a place, keep a stash.

hmmmm, this sounds like it was done on purpose to me.....

you can either drop your education, go over to where she is, get a job & support her
    or
    you can end all forms of contact with her & live your life.

Bleh, either way someone gets hurt. I'd say go & support the kid.
    This. Almost all of the other advice is horrible or useless - quite clearly she doesn't want an abortion, she wants a child, and she used you in order to deliberately get one by "forgetting" a condom. If you're willing to be with her and so is she, then do so, because you're the father of her unborn child and you have a certain responsibility as a result. However, if things just aren't going to work out, then you can cut all contact for the moment, but it may turn out that you'll have to pay child support to her. You can challenge this in the courts, of course, but you might not be able to prove that she "tricked" you.

ReputationRep:
    Wait ... if I'm reading that right you DIDN'T want to have sex with a condom and then decided to because she got pissed about it? Sounds like she was totally playing you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.