Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi guys
I haven’t been sleeping recently because I’m long story short I’m not in a good place mentally. I find it hard to fall asleep because of the bit before where you’re just lying there. All my memories and thoughts are just racing around and torturing me like I can see images in my head. I dont want to go through that so I stay up all night until I pass out or fall asleep very quickly I’m not too sure what happens I never remember. Does anyone kkow what this might be called if it’s a disorder or if there’s not actually anything going on??advice would be greatly appreciated as I would like to research into it xx
jenna_8607
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
s a m e
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by jenna_8607)
s a m e
omg bb poor us
jenna_8607
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
omg bb poor us
irk 😕
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
That would come under insomnia most likely.
It has many causes such as your diet, your physical health, your mental health or a combination of all.

The thing with insomnia is that it becomes a vicious circle where you can’t get to sleep so you’re too tired to deal with the underlying issues, so you can’t get to sleep.
Or you can’t get to sleep and you worry about not being able to sleep so you can’t get to sleep.

There are things that can help lessens/prevent insomnia-some are things you can do yourself and some that you should go to your GP about.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Are the memories you're remembering traumatic? You don't have to go into detail, but if yes, then it is definitely worth seeking mental health support for this. Insomnia sucks. Make sure you're looking after yourself and it should help, although it doesn't always. Eat enough, drink enough water, exercise moderately (seriously, do not over do it), have creative outlets for difficult emotions, take care of any medical concerns, support those around you and get support in return, good sleep hygiene, etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads