FunkyFlowRUS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,
I don’t understand why I cannot get accepted for any apprenticeships (I have had many applications and I do get to the final interviews and therefore I meet all the criteria of a successful candidate but every outcome is like this: “you are a strong candidate but due to a limited amount of places we cannot take you”). I am doing 5 A-levels (A* in maths, A* in Russian, A in Economics, A in further maths and B in English literature, all predicted for now). In addition to that, I have a maths award which I got last year and a certificate of the student of the year (this year). Can anyone explain to me if the issue lies in my competency (because I do not see anything wrong) or if the problem is because of my nationality status (I am not a UK or EU student but I have a right of residency, work and study here)? During the interview, I tick all the boxes, judging by the feedback, however, there is nothing specific that points to what it is that does not let me get in.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What sort of apprenticeships are you applying for?
ThatOldGuy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FunkyFlowRUS)
Hi everyone,
I don’t understand why I cannot get accepted for any apprenticeships (I have had many applications and I do get to the final interviews and therefore I meet all the criteria of a successful candidate but every outcome is like this: “you are a strong candidate but due to a limited amount of places we cannot take you”). I am doing 5 A-levels (A* in maths, A* in Russian, A in Economics, A in further maths and B in English literature, all predicted for now). In addition to that, I have a maths award which I got last year and a certificate of the student of the year (this year). Can anyone explain to me if the issue lies in my competency (because I do not see anything wrong) or if the problem is because of my nationality status (I am not a UK or EU student but I have a right of residency, work and study here)? During the interview, I tick all the boxes, judging by the feedback, however, there is nothing specific that points to what it is that does not let me get in.
If you're getting to the interview stage on a lot of these and not getting in, then the issue is going to be that they think you aren't a good fit personality-wise with their department. That suggests you need to work on interview skills: Mirroring, the 3-second rule for eye-contact, etc. It could be hygiene and cleanliness issues, or how you dress. Something is going to be setting them off in the interview stage. Talk to a professional and find out what it is.
FunkyFlowRUS
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThatOldGuy)
If you're getting to the interview stage on a lot of these and not getting in, then the issue is going to be that they think you aren't a good fit personality-wise with their department. That suggests you need to work on interview skills: Mirroring, the 3-second rule for eye-contact, etc. It could be hygiene and cleanliness issues, or how you dress. Something is going to be setting them off in the interview stage. Talk to a professional and find out what it is.
Thank you, I’ll see what I can do but it’s definitely not to do with clothes, hygiene etc.
FunkyFlowRUS
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
What sort of apprenticeships are you applying for?
Accounting, assurance, insurance, tax. Basically finance sector
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FunkyFlowRUS)
Accounting, assurance, insurance, tax. Basically finance sector
Have you applied to the large accounting firms? Is so what is the final interview? Partner?

One thought I have (in line with the points someone made above) is that something is putting them off in the final decision. Is it possible they are concerned that you will not want to complete the apprenticeship but will drop out and go to university instead?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (165)
25%
Better than expected (133)
20.15%
Worse than expected (362)
54.85%

Watched Threads