The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Clearing and Adjustment 2020

Whether you’ve missed out on applying for University, changed your mind about the course you want to study or don’t receive the results you expect on results day, it’s not too late to apply for some of our courses starting in 2020.

Our clearing and adjustment vacancies are now live take a look on our website to see which courses are available and see if you’re eligible to apply. You can also keep up to date and get all the information you need by signing up to our clearing and adjustment alerts.

Got a question? Get in touch and chat with our students, who are on hand to discuss university support, the city, your course and student life. You can also visit our FAQs, which are regularly updated with the most up to date information for prospective applicants and offer holders.

Update 20/08/20:

We completely understand concerns over this year’s admissions process, which has been truly challenging for students, schools and colleges, and universities. Following the recent announcements concerning examination results we thought we’d provide a quick update about our admissions process.

We can confirm that any acceptances communicated to you from Thursday, 13 August still stand and we will confirm this with you directly via email. So, if you have had this email already, congratulations! You’re coming to Manchester and we look forward to welcoming you soon.

For those of you whose grades subsequently change and you now meet the conditions of your offer to study at Manchester, we will honour that offer where we can for entry in September 2020 or, if this is not possible, for September 2021.

To find out more, and view our remaining clearing vacancies view our full announcement here. We are also keeping our FAQs up to date with more detailed information about how this may impact our offer holders.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,Im looking do get a place in clearing to study chemistry this year. Do you usually still have spaces available for this subject after results day?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Tadders20
Hi,Im looking do get a place in clearing to study chemistry this year. Do you usually still have spaces available for this subject after results day?

Hi,

Our clearing website is kept up to date with all our current vacancies. I've a quick look and Chemistry is on there for this year. I'd suggest that before results day you visit the site and look through our checklist so you're fully prepared.

I hope this is helpful, and good luck!
Reply 3
Hello,I currently have an accepted unconditional offer from another university. However, I'm debating upon declining them and applying to UoM through clearing. I'm a little concerned as my grades fall somewhat short of the requirement. The course I'd be interested in is a BSc/MEng Computer Science with an Integrated Foundation Year. That also is the course I have been accepted for at my current firm choice. My grades are -ICT BTEC Level 3 (Subsidiary Diploma) = Distinction * -Film A Level = C -Chemistry A-Level = E. I'm just wondering about the likelihood of acceptance with these grades as declining my solid firm choice could prove to be a huge mistake. Thanks.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi jb771,

Congratulations on receiving your firm choice!

I would recommend checking the entry requirements on the listings for Computer Science with an Integrated Foundation Year on our website, as these will be the grades that will be asked for by the admissions officer when you go into clearing. If you do not have these grades I would be cautious declining your firm choice, as you may not be accepted through clearing.

I hope this is helpful!
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi, I am an international student and I'm trying to apply to UofM as adjustment, but the clearing and adjustment hotline on the school's website doesn't seem to work, I tried to call it like hundred times in the past two days and still no one has picked up my call. What should I do now? Is there any alternative ways that I can officially apply for adjustment?
Hi!

Our phone lines have been very busy over the last few days, have you managed to get through? If not I'd recommend you keep trying as our staff our working very hard to get through all enquires as fast as they can.
Hi, I went through clearing and was sent an email relating to the diagnostic test I would have to take next week. By accepting this offer I had to decline my previous UF, Is it testing my suitability to the course and whats in store in September or is it an entrance exam that I have to pass and if not, would that I mean I would be put back in clearing?
Reply 8
Hi, I got the offer from the department via email a few days ago. I added it as my clearing choice on 13 Aug, but there is still no update in UCAS. When will it be confirmed in UCAS?
Is UOM actually taking predicted grades into account or not?

When I called on Thursday I got snarked by the person on the other end, then denied for adjustment despite being in a low income area and being one notch under the BTEC requirements, and now the vacancies for the course have been filled.

Do foundation year vacancies generally open up again before the adjustment deadline?
Hey on saturday there were 4 Computer System Engineering courses (MEng, BEng, and MEng BEng with industry) available. When I woke up there were none... I really wanted to apply there. Do you think that I can call them on monday and there still would be place?
I'm holding a place on another course at the UoM.
(edited 3 years ago)
QT
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by RationaleLogic
@UoM_Enquiries Hi, originally I rang the clearing hotline on A level results day to study chemical engineering with an integrated foundation year however they said to me I would have to ring back and be confirmed subject to successful appeals.
Now the grades were reverted and yesterday I rang just shortly after 4:00 to get a place however no one picked up and today when I check the website for clearing vacancies it says clearing has now closed for 2020?!
How is this possible consisting the grades being reverted and there still being vacancies available?

I am in the same position!!!!
It doesn't say clearing is closed? It says to email them instead with your grades
Original post by RationaleLogic
@UoM_Enquiries Hi, originally I rang the clearing hotline on A level results day to study chemical engineering with an integrated foundation year however they said to me I would have to ring back and be confirmed subject to successful appeals.
Now the grades were reverted and yesterday I rang just shortly after 4:00 to get a place however no one picked up and today when I check the website for clearing vacancies it says clearing has now closed for 2020?!
How is this possible consisting the grades being reverted and there still being vacancies available?

Original post by Misaki24
I am in the same position!!!!

Hi both,

Our website has listed vacancies available for home students on this course. If you would like to discuss this with the admissions office about these vacancies you can email them including your name, UCAS personal ID and the name and UCAS code of the course you are enquiring about to find out more.

I hope this is helpful!
Hi @UoM_Enquiries I have recently sent an email enquiring about clearing to ug-fy-se 2 days ago however when I checked back on the clearing website, the email has changed to ug-fy-eps. Will I need to resend a clearing enquiry for the course H110 to the email or will it be redirected anyways?
Original post by Meiven_
Hi @UoM_Enquiries I have recently sent an email enquiring about clearing to ug-fy-se 2 days ago however when I checked back on the clearing website, the email has changed to ug-fy-eps. Will I need to resend a clearing enquiry for the course H110 to the email or will it be redirected anyways?

Hi Meiven_,

Your email should be redirected to the right admissions office! I would recommend that you wait for a reply as we are receiving a lot of emails at the moment, but our staff are working as hard as they can to reply to your enquires
Hi
@UoM_Enquiries,
My son had a conditional offer with Manchester( firm choice)which got declined bcz of low CAGs. He has appealed to his college for a review and correction of clerical error. As the university had given a deadline of 7th of September for appeal cases, is it worth waiting till 7th to see the outcome and not continue with his insurance offer.
He is getting contradictory emails from different people at the university. One says that “we are full”. The other person he is liaising with has asked to keep the university updated. Any advice ?
Original post by Nadiaziz
Hi
@UoM_Enquiries,
My son had a conditional offer with Manchester( firm choice)which got declined bcz of low CAGs. He has appealed to his college for a review and correction of clerical error. As the university had given a deadline of 7th of September for appeal cases, is it worth waiting till 7th to see the outcome and not continue with his insurance offer.
He is getting contradictory emails from different people at the university. One says that “we are full”. The other person he is liaising with has asked to keep the university updated. Any advice ?

Hi

I would recommend having a look through our FAQs around appeals on our website, as this is kept up to date with the latest University response to appeals. Ultimately, the people who know best about the process for your son will be the admissions team for the subject he has an offer with, so I would also reccommend getting in touch with them and seeing what they think.

I hope this is helpful!
Hi, is someone able to tell me if biomedical science was in clearing/adjustment last year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending