Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok i've written on her a lot lately i've been with the girl of my dreams for 8 months and everything was going well untill her ex came back into her life again. I was anxious from the start and she knew this and although my jealousy and paranoia caused a few rows it turned out they were justified because they kissed! He instigated it and she stopped it and although she said she was confused she told him it was me she wanted to be with. She told me 3 weeks later because it was eating her up inside but things aren't going well now. In the 3 weeks before she told me this things were going really well but since she told me on Saturday im confused. I told her she can't hang around with this guy anymore and she got angry? It wasn't untill the next morning she decided to listen to me more and agreed that although he may be out at places where she'll be she would avoid him. Im not convinced though im pretty sure she is texting him because she seems to hold her phone away from me or maybe im just paranoid???. Its hard because she has few friends and he's in her only group of freinds so they will still see each other and this guy has house parties 2/3 times a week so i know shes gonna go! He really hasn't helped the situation he constantly texts her saying he loves her and his facebook statuses constantly cry out for her love i warned him off and it has calmed down but he still takes the biscuit. I don't think i can win if i stay with her she will hang out with him and ill worry, I leave her she'll get with him and that would hurt more. AAAAAARRRGHHH I love her so much!

ReputationRep:
    I know it'll hurt but if you stay with her, you'll constantly be worrying...if she keeps hanging out with him even though it upsets you, she doesn't respext/care about you the way you do about her. I don't want to sound harsh but leave her before she does something worse.

she didnt tell your three weeks?! in my mind that would be grounds enough to get rid.

but the real question is; do you trust her not to do anythng or is it him you dont trust?

ReputationRep:
    end it, trust in the relationship is clearly gone

ReputationRep:
    Hercules feels you should give your girlfreind a second chance unless she has expressed feelings that he loves that other person and not you in which case you should end it and not hold on to what seems like nothing, this would be best in the long run, if however it was just a one off i feel you should give her a second chance especially as you love her

Hercules

ReputationRep:
    Kisses turn in to blow jobs....

Or thats what happened to me

Give him a beaten and leave her alone

ReputationRep:
    yeah seems a bit dodgy she waited that long, especially since within that 3 weeks she acted like nothing has happened. for me it's either tell immediately or not tell at all. well if it was me i wouldn't really mind a kiss but seems a bit dodgy she held it out for 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    In what way did you warn him off? Some silly text or message on facebook wont have the desired affect. Meet him face to face and have discreet but very strong words with him.

It could backfire but it sounds as though this geezer is going to continue to hang around your mrs like a bad odour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brenan235)
    I don't think i can win if i stay with her she will hang out with him and ill worry, I leave her she'll get with him and that would hurt more. AAAAAARRRGHHH I love her so much!
    This is the bit I'm most worried about, from your post. You seem to think about this situation as if it were a game, and she was the prize that you get if you win. Imo, it's a dangerous way to think.

What do you really want? Do you want her as your girlfriend because you love her, or because you don't want him being with her? If it's the latter, then the relationship is dead in the water. If it's because you love her, then you've got to fight for her.

ReputationRep:
    well i said i forgave her but i know one text message to him or vice versa then that'll be it. Everyone does deserve a 2nd chance. She also calledme his name last week whe she was stroking my hair:-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wellerism)
    Kisses turn in to blow jobs....

Or thats what happened to me

Give him a beaten and leave her alone
    Oh my god no! You kiss your mum with that mouth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuseValheru)
    Oh my god no! You kiss your mum with that mouth!
    Mmm real funny as i dont see my mum as i was left as a baby due to her being 16 when i was born

but i do kiss your mum with my mouth and sometimes your dad

ReputationRep:
    Mmm real funny as i dont see my mum as i was left as a baby due to her being 16 when i was born

but i do kiss your mum with my mouth and sometimes your dad
    Im sorry you could do better!

ReputationRep:
    Nobody cares.

ReputationRep:
    well i said i forgave her but i know one text message to him or vice versa then that'll be it. Everyone does deserve a 2nd chance. She also called me his name last week whe she was stroking my hair:-(
    Well, in that case, I reckon you've lost her already mate, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Leave her now, seriously call her right now and say its over. The longer you do this the more it will hurty, you say she is your dream girl but i think she is just a dream, you have put her on a pedestool when she really doesnt deserve it. Shes texting him, caling his name and kissing him what are you waiting for? her to **** him

ReputationRep:
    Everyone does deserve a 2nd chance. She also calledme his name last week whe she was stroking my hair:-(
    mate have some self respect and leave! imagine how much it would hurt you if she cheated on you with him, which i am afraid to say is inevitable! you could at least come out of this situation with your dignity intact and a lesson learned!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dollypop)
    mate have some self respect and leave! imagine how much it would hurt you when you find out she cheated on you with him
    FYP

Get rid, find a better chick. There's tons around!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr-breaker)
    FYP
    What's FYP? Ah, I didn't realise how badly I'd worded that...but yes, reinforces how likely it is. OP, you will find someone who likes you as much as you like them, so why waste time with this...cow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dollypop)
    What's FYP? Ah, I didn't realise how badly I'd worded that...but yes, reinforces how likely it is. OP, you will find someone who likes you as much as you like them, so why waste time with this...cow?
    FYP = Fixed your post :p: The bolded section is my edit of what REALLY has gone down.

She admitted to kissing the guy + she said the OTHER guy's name while stroking the OP = BOOTED!

To use a poker analogy; if you're gonna fold to a bet on the river, just fold to the bet on the turn, and save yourself some money!

It's clear the other guy has a greater pull on the girl's emotions; he can either get rid NOW, and get on with his life, or dump her WHEN she has sex with this other guy, and spend months being down about it, passing up opportunities to get with better women.

Snap-fold this chick, imo.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.