The Student Room Group

what age is the right age to date ?

hey guysss! I have no idea what the right age is!
personally, I'm going to focus on my studies first and then have a bf.
so I'll probably date when I'm around 18/20.
what about you guys? xx
Reply 1
Whenever said person is ready i guess... To put a hard and fast number on it seems somewhat reductionist in ones view.
Whenever you find someone who you want to date! There’s not a perfect age for it!

I had my first relationship at 13 (I don’t count it though as it only lasted a month ahhaha) and now I’m 17 and in a new relationship!

There’s not a perfect age to date :smile:
I think that's around the right age to start considering serious relationships. There's nothing wrong with casually dating when younger but anything more rarely lasts.
16 imo
90. Emotionally stable and mature.
Reply 6
Whenever the individual is ready. Everyone matures at different ages.
Reply 7
Original post by Brutal Bee
90. Emotionally stable and mature.

ahahahah LMAOOOO !!! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by harleyx123
hey guysss! I have no idea what the right age is!
personally, I'm going to focus on my studies first and then have a bf.
so I'll probably date when I'm around 18/20.
what about you guys? xx

There are muslims watching this thread going "No date 🤐. Only Marry 🥰"
Reply 9
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
Whenever you find someone who you want to date! There’s not a perfect age for it!

I had my first relationship at 13 (I don’t count it though as it only lasted a month ahhaha) and now I’m 17 and in a new relationship!

There’s not a perfect age to date :smile:

awwe !! i hope your relationship is going well :smile: xx
Original post by harleyx123
awwe !! i hope your relationship is going well :smile: xx

thank you!! 💛
Original post by ANM775
There are muslims watching this thread going "No date 🤐. Only Marry 🥰"

haha <3
xx :smile:
No age is right too much of a commitment to date these days
Original post by dj_ad_1
No age is right too much of a commitment to date these days

I very much agree :redface: xx
when your teenage hormones stop making you want to date every guy or girl u look at. When your out of that phase. But that's just my opinion :bebored:
Original post by _Tristan_
when your teenage hormones stop making you want to date every guy or girl u look at. When your out of that phase. But that's just my opinion :bebored:

LMAOOO I haven't stopped that phase yettt!!
I'm there, with my celeb crushes - Timothee Chalamet & Noah beck - and then every hot guy I see !!
someone help me hahaha xx
Even if the individual feels he/she is ready to date, it might not be the best idea to. Like at age 11/12 some of my classmates were in relationships. But at that age it's more of a girl/guy friendship rather than a commitment. So I'd say the best age to date is at 18/19, when at university. People tend to be more mature at that age, I think.
Original post by gem2004
Even if the individual feels he/she is ready to date, it might not be the best idea to. Like at age 11/12 some of my classmates were in relationships. But at that age it's more of a girl/guy friendship rather than a commitment. So I'd say the best age to date is at 18/19, when at university. People tend to be more mature at that age, I think.

i agree, i thought that dating when you are 18/19 is sensible but that's my opinion :smile:
17 imo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending