what are the best subjects to chose at GCSE?

Watch
harleyx123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i chose:
triple science
higher maths
cooking
business studies
french
geography
???
are those subjects easy ??
(I'm in yr9 and i have ONLY just started GCSE)
tattyruntx0
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harleyx123)
i chose:
triple science
higher maths
cooking
business studies
french
geography
???
nothing is going to be easy, I think there all do-able if you try really hard, good luck!!
carxlinefxrbes_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harleyx123)
i chose:
triple science
higher maths
cooking
business studies
french
geography
???
Hiya, year 11 student here. Out of those subjects, I studied Geography{AQA} and Triple Science{AQA} I also studied Spanish {AQA} so have some idea of what studying a language is like. Firstly I don't think you should be taking subjects because they're "easy" you should take them because you like them because if you like a subject your chances of doing well in are improved anyway. Personally, I really enjoyed doing triple science at GCSE as I found a love for science that I did not know I had! It does contain a lot of content but if you keep on top of it you should be good! I have a thread I could link on here {on TSR} with my advice to GCSE students for studying etc.. if that would help? I really do recommend triple science if you think you will enjoy it as if you decide to study science at A-level it does give you that little bit more of a head start (obviously you can study a science having done combined science as well so don't worry too much!). I know a few people who found science tricky but as long as you make sure you try to understand the concepts as you learn them rather than trying to understand them right before exams you should be good! With regards to geography, I had a bit of a love-hate relationship with it (this is an individual experience though). I disliked it at the start of year 9 but hated history more so took it however by the end of year 11 I quite liked it and did well in it. I found it quite tricky but when I got to understand everything it was quite enjoyable and I like the lessons! I think it's always good to study a language at GCSE as it helps with memory improvement alongside actually learning some of the language. It is always a good skill to have. Honestly, I did struggle with some aspects of the exams (listening mainly) but your grade takes into account all areas (writing, speaking and reading) which I was strong at so it was alright. Nothing is going to be easy you have to try hard and study for every subject, if you take into account what you are good at and enjoy it it will make your school years and learning so much more enjoyable! In summary please take what you enjoy and know you may do well at and also keep in mind this post is just my opinion it is not the same for everybody!!

Hope this helps!
Last edited by carxlinefxrbes_; 1 month ago
harleyx123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by carxlinefxrbes_)
Hiya, year 11 student here. Out of those subjects, I studied Geography{AQA} and Triple Science{AQA} I also studied Spanish {AQA} so have some idea of what studying a language is like. Firstly I don't think you should be taking subjects because they're "easy" you should take them because you like them because if you like a subject your chances of doing well in are improved anyway. Personally, I really enjoyed doing triple science at GCSE as I found a love for science that I did not know I had! It does contain a lot of content but if you keep on top of it you should be good! I have a thread I could link on here {on TSR} with my advice to GCSE students for studying etc.. if that would help? I really do recommend triple science if you think you will enjoy it as if you decide to study science at A-level it does give you that little bit more of a head start (obviously you can study a science having done combined science as well so don't worry too much!). I know a few people who found science tricky but as long as you make sure you try to understand the concepts as you learn them rather than trying to understand them right before exams you should be good! With regards to geography, I had a bit of a love-hate relationship with it (this is an individual experience though). I disliked it at the start of year 9 but hated history more so took it however by the end of year 11 I quite liked it and did well in it. I found it quite tricky but when I got to understand everything it was quite enjoyable and I like the lessons! I think it's always good to study a language at GCSE as it helps with memory improvement alongside actually learning some of the language. It is always a good skill to have. Honestly, I did struggle with some aspects of the exams (listening mainly) but your grade takes into account all areas (writing, speaking and reading) which I was strong at so it was alright. Nothing is going to be easy you have to try hard and study for every subject, if you take into account what you are good at and enjoy it it will make your school years and learning so much more enjoyable! In summary please take what you enjoy and know you may do well at and also keep in mind this post is just my opinion it is not the same for everybody!!

Hope this helps!
awwe thank you sooo much !! this really helped
take care xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (108)
25.41%
Better than expected (89)
20.94%
Worse than expected (228)
53.65%

Watched Threads