The Student Room Group

how can i possibly get better at english language GCSE?

I'm REALLY REALLY bad at English language!!
I'm in yr9 so i do have plenty of time before GCSE but i really need help :frown:
I've asked my teacher but she hasn't really done anything to help me :frown:
please may i have some help :smile:
(I'm trying to gets 8s and 9s at GCSE)
xx
Use websites like Perfect English. Also try to get used to writing paragraphs. If you are studying texts make sure you always have quotes to back up all your points
Reply 2
Original post by Athenianowl
Use websites like Perfect English. Also try to get used to writing paragraphs. If you are studying texts make sure you always have quotes to back up all your points

okay, thank you sooo much xx :smile:
Original post by harleyx123
okay, thank you sooo much xx :smile:

Also I know it seems obvious but READ. Read as much as you can this can help a lot especially in the creative writing section and also it is really fun.
Read fiction, learn specific literary terms (alliteration, metaphor, enjambment, plosives etc) and practice writing analytical paragraphs and paragraphs of creative writing.
When learning terminologies, think about what effects they have and why an author would include them. You have lots of time so don’t worry too much and you being here and actively asking this question shows you will try your best and that you have a good attitude towards your studies :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest