Deisosospiw
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is economics degree at city university London good? Two of my cousins did it and they’re in good jobs now one working for credit agricole and the other for KPMG as a management consultant. I can’t go to better ones as I don’t have a level maths even though I’m good at maths I just didn’t pick it. This will be my 3rd option with birmingham and Loughborough coming before it.
Loughborough University
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Deisosospiw)
Is economics degree at city university London good? Two of my cousins did it and they’re in good jobs now one working for credit agricole and the other for KPMG as a management consultant. I can’t go to better ones as I don’t have a level maths even though I’m good at maths I just didn’t pick it. This will be my 3rd option with birmingham and Loughborough coming before it.
Hi Deisosospiw,

It sounds like you have chosen some good options there!

If you know people that have gone to the university and have had a good time there, plus you like the look of the course itself then including it as one of your options seems sensible. Your options are the universities that you view to be the best suited to what you want from the degree and the university itself.

Our Economics BSc is taught within our Top 10 Business school and provides you with the opportunity to undertake a placement year, that I would highly recommend doing as it is very beneficial for your employability post uni.

If you have any questions about Loughborough feel free to ask on here or drop us a PM.
Best Wishes,
Emily
Deisosospiw
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Loughborough University)
Hi Deisosospiw,

It sounds like you have chosen some good options there!

If you know people that have gone to the university and have had a good time there, plus you like the look of the course itself then including it as one of your options seems sensible. Your options are the universities that you view to be the best suited to what you want from the degree and the university itself.

Our Economics BSc is taught within our Top 10 Business school and provides you with the opportunity to undertake a placement year, that I would highly recommend doing as it is very beneficial for your employability post uni.

If you have any questions about Loughborough feel free to ask on here or drop us a PM.
Best Wishes,
Emily
Will not having maths a level affect my application? Eg put me at a disadvantage ? And is there help for people who didn’t do it? Furthermore what are the employability prospects what sort of companies do graduates work at from this uni in economics?
Loughborough University
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Deisosospiw)
Will not having maths a level affect my application? Eg put me at a disadvantage ? And is there help for people who didn’t do it? Furthermore what are the employability prospects what sort of companies do graduates work at from this uni in economics?
Hi Deisosospiw,

I don't know enough about the admissions process to comment on this so I would recommend contacting our department at [email protected] and they will be able to provide more tailored advice about this.

We have a maths learning support centre on campus within our Schofield building and all students from any department have access to this to support their studies. The staff are great and always willing to help and advise where they are needed.

All our courses include a placement year that will develop your employability. You can find out more about what our students thought of their time with us here and where they are now.

Best Wishes,
Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads