MayaThePapaya04
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
my school has a business casual dress code, and we are not allowed to wear jeans which SUCKS. However, we can still wear like leggings and dresses and stuff.

I am a size 18 ( I was size 20 but I've been working hard to lose weight!!) And I'm just about to go into 6th form.

What kinds of clothes don't look terrible on plus size people?

Thanks Xx
Kayari
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MayaThePapaya04)
my school has a business casual dress code, and we are not allowed to wear jeans which SUCKS. However, we can still wear like leggings and dresses and stuff.

I am a size 18 ( I was size 20 but I've been working hard to lose weight!!) And I'm just about to go into 6th form.

Thanks Xx
I'd suggest dresses and knee length skirts (really helped me last year) just find what makes you comfortable but also looks smart, say a knee length skirt and blazer.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MayaThePapaya04)

Thanks Xx
Not leggings under any circumstances, but you probably know that already

Are you more a dresses and skirts type of person, or black trousers type?
MayaThePapaya04
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Not leggings under any circumstances, but you probably know that already

Are you more a dresses and skirts type of person, or black trousers
It's hard to say because I don't really own either, but I'd say I'm probably more leaning towards trousers. I've also been trying to find like midi skirts and stuff
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi!

Firstly, you are gorgeous no matter what size you are!

There are clothes that are more “flattering” on a plus size girl. Here are some links to show you some ideas! -

https://stylishcurves.com/shopping-h...s-size-part-i/

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-b...ylist-outfits/

https://www.curvissa.co.uk/fashion/_/N-1iZ1z141wc

The most important thing is to wear clothing you feel comfortable in. Don’t change your whole style just because of your weight and body type!

You’ll look great!

Good luck
WoAhHh1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I went to a business wear school at 14-16 and I’m not a fan of skirts but my go to outfit was either checkered pants and a jumper fit or a trousers and blouse. Would say that the checkered pants one was the best especially cuffed at the bottom. And for shoes I’d go with doc martens but moder lofers (idk hoe you spell it) are also rlly nice with the pants.

I’m rlly picky with my clothes cause I don’t like tight fitted things but I would 10/10 recommend these types of outfit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (165)
25%
Better than expected (133)
20.15%
Worse than expected (362)
54.85%

Watched Threads