The Student Room Group

My average is 69 (2:1)... Should I take advantage of Aug first resits to get a first?

So yeah... Got an average of 69 which is a 2:1, whereas 70+ is a first.
I am very hard-working so needless to say, I am heartbroken about it...
I have the chance to have first sits for my January modules (I filled for Extenuating Circumstances at the time because I was having extremely disturbing panic attacks, which happen to me every year around exams, but this was the first time I actually did something about it)

So what do you think? Is it worth it? Will people think less of me?
Any advice will be much appreciated
Original post by Anonymous
So yeah... Got an average of 69 which is a 2:1, whereas 70+ is a first.
I am very hard-working so needless to say, I am heartbroken about it...
I have the chance to have first sits for my January modules (I filled for Extenuating Circumstances at the time because I was having extremely disturbing panic attacks, which happen to me every year around exams, but this was the first time I actually did something about it)

So what do you think? Is it worth it? Will people think less of me?
Any advice will be much appreciated

You haven't really got anything to lose. You can't do any worse than 69 so I think you should go for it. It really doesn't matter what people think of you. This is your decision and it impacts on you, nobody else. I don't really see why anyone would think less of you for trying to push yourself into that first boundary.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
You haven't really got anything to lose. You can't do any worse than 69 so I think you should go for it. It really doesn't matter what people think of you. This is your decision and it impacts on you, nobody else. I don't really see why anyone would think less of you for trying to push yourself into that first boundary.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, I really appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest