The Student Room Group

offered a place on the course, however it is full

so, I have been offered a place on the Bsc occupational therapy course, however, they have told me that the course is full and that they will contact if/when a place is available to start september 2020. How likely do you think it is that i'll actually get a place on the course? Thanks in advance
How can unis do that.. what a mess-about.

Anyway I think most courses have a certain drop out rate, you could check to see what position you are on the waiting list. If you are the top there could be a good chance especially given the uncertainty of thing for other students right now, they might retract their place on the course.

if you have a lot of people they will contact before you, then maybe best not to rely on it?
I don't understand how you've been offered a place but the course is full? That just doesn't seem to make sense. :s:
Reply 3
Original post by kja94
so, I have been offered a place on the Bsc occupational therapy course, however, they have told me that the course is full and that they will contact if/when a place is available to start september 2020. How likely do you think it is that i'll actually get a place on the course? Thanks in advance

That's confusing, have they confirmed the offer on UCAS if so, they can's withdraw it unless the course isnt going ahead or they decide to cut the places. If you have been offered it through clearing, they need to confirm it on ucas and then you accept it. If the university will not confirm your place on the course then I wouldn't rely on getting the place. The only thing I can suggest is go through clearing for OT at another university for a definite place or accept a place on another course at your chosen university and hope a place for OT comes available but there is no guarantee that will happen. Alternatively, if you go on a non health related course and then apply to study OT next year you will still have another 3 years student finance. .

Quick Reply

Latest