Why do you believe in religion when science proves lots of religious quotes wrong?

Watch
Mabey
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This isn’t slating anyone btw, I just want to understand religious people better as I don’t understand you. Feel free to say anything, I won’t be offended!
username5301604
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mabey)
This isn’t slating anyone btw, I just want to understand religious people better as I don’t understand you. Feel free to say anything, I won’t be offended!
Confirmation/ cognitive biases are a funny thing. There are many reasons I have seen. Some people deal with the discrepancies by claiming that their holy books are metaphorical when that happens or just change the interpretation to suit modern science. In all fairness, language is subjective so it makes sense. Or they just flat out choose ignorance claiming things like evolution and the big bang aren't real.
Last edited by username5301604; 1 year ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mabey)
I dont' think religious people are some homogenous lump of 'you'. Rather than trying to understand a group of people based on one shared characteristic, it'd be better to try to understand it from lots of different individual perspectives. Much more illuminating.
Joleee
?
Report 1 year ago
my church doesn't preach science as distinct from Christianity; in fact one of our senior pastors has a PhD in science with definitely way more education than the average person. not all religious people take 'the book' literally nor believes 'one thing' or the 'other'. science proves science, but it cannot prove faith. they are two separate things. does that help?
_shehryar_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well, I'm religious because personally I don't think science necessarily contradicts religion. My personal opinion is that you can believe in most parts of science without compromising on religion, although many disagree.
username5301604
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by saintsophia124)
I believe in religion because I am blood type ab. I think blood type B people may also

Blood type A Atheists could never deal with religion...especially if a blood type B person debates them on creationism
Are blood types the new star signs?
username5322502
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Religion is integral for some people because it's what keeps them spiritually and emotionally connected with God. People find comfort in religion, they're entitled to their beliefs and religious teachings enable the person to be good/abstain from bad things.
Poorer countries where religion is much stronger, show how content people are even in poverty so in that sense religion also creates a strong sense of community.
Belief in religion can also be through parents and there's nothing wrong with that as it creates stability or may give you a structure in life when praying/going to your religious institutions.
Science may disprove many religions but quotes are only a small part of a religion. Morals and values are what's fundamentally kept intact through people believing in a certain religion
username5322502
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Its simplier than astrology/horoscopes in terms of classification (4 blood types)

But a lot of ppl dont know their blood type. Big problem.

But I guarentee you can find an blood type A person fighting a blood type B person somewhere. Opposites do not attract.

I'm blood type ab so I can incite an angry mob by mostly blood type O people.
what are u on g?
Mabey
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Its simplier than astrology/horoscopes in terms of classification (4 blood types)

But a lot of ppl dont know their blood type. Big problem.

But I guarentee you can find an blood type A person fighting a blood type B person somewhere. Opposites do not attract.

I'm blood type ab so I can incite an angry mob by mostly blood type O people.
That’s some master trolling, I’m genuinely impressed XD
saintsophia124
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mabey)
That’s some master trolling, I’m genuinely impressed XD
What's your blood type then
anamsaid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nothing science says is wrong!!! I believe in the quran because it was written 1400 years ago and has facts that scientists recently discovered... you should read about it. And also say there was a god... what would you say when he asks you why you didn’t pray or Sumn... if their isn’t a god, I haven’t lost anything apart from eating pork😂 everything else I do out choice eg: dress modestly or sex after marriage
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (1)
100%
No (0)
0%

Watched Threads