Hayley848
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
So I applied to do paramedic science with foundation year starting September. I applied to wolverhampton to do this. I also applied to Worcester for foundation year in healthcare which after this you can apply and transfer onto paramedic science.
I got offered human biology foundation year at Worcester - I contacted them and received an email back saying I could use this to apply for paramedic science for next September at Worcester so wouldn’t be a problem.
I had an interview at Wolverhampton and have been offered a place on the paramedic science with foundation year however they said they are full for this September so the place would start next September.
I ideally wanted to go to wolverhampton as it’s nearer, however I have already handed in my notice at work (I have to give 12 weeks so had to) so if I accepted for next September I would still have 4 years to do so would take even longer.
I’m really confused - part of me thinks I should go to Worcester as I can still apply for paramedic science at Worcester uni, however it is further away. I can’t wait a year to start at wolverhampton.
Is there any way I could do the foundation year at Worcester (human biology) and then apply to Wolverhampton for next September straight onto the paramedic science degree? Or would this not be possible?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Hayley848)
So I applied to do paramedic science with foundation year starting September. I applied to wolverhampton to do this. I also applied to Worcester for foundation year in healthcare which after this you can apply and transfer onto paramedic science.
I got offered human biology foundation year at Worcester - I contacted them and received an email back saying I could use this to apply for paramedic science for next September at Worcester so wouldn’t be a problem.
I had an interview at Wolverhampton and have been offered a place on the paramedic science with foundation year however they said they are full for this September so the place would start next September.
I ideally wanted to go to wolverhampton as it’s nearer, however I have already handed in my notice at work (I have to give 12 weeks so had to) so if I accepted for next September I would still have 4 years to do so would take even longer.
I’m really confused - part of me thinks I should go to Worcester as I can still apply for paramedic science at Worcester uni, however it is further away. I can’t wait a year to start at wolverhampton.
Is there any way I could do the foundation year at Worcester (human biology) and then apply to Wolverhampton for next September straight onto the paramedic science degree? Or would this not be possible?
Only Wolverhampton can tell you that.
The danger is that its a gamble and non-standard entry, so if they say no then you have a qualification that not everyone will accept.

Let me have a think.
Ok had a look.

You must have

GCSE Maths, English and Science (science subject could be Biology; Physics; Chemistry; Psychology; Health and Social care) at Grade C+/ 4 or equivalent. Equivalent qualifications include Key Skills Level 2; Learn Direct Level 2; and Functional Skills Level 2.

Access to HE Diploma Full award (60 credits) in Health Studies, Health Science, Nursing or other Science based course are considered, of which a minimum of 45 must be at Level 3 with at least 24 of these Level 3 credits at Merit or Distinction. If you do not have GCSE Science grade C/4+ /equivalence, an additional 12 Level 2 science credits (biology, chemistry or physics) within the Access can be accepted as GCSE grade C/4+ equivalence.

In addition, you will need to demonstrate a caring attitude and the values expected of a healthcare professional.

The best strategy imo is to do a one year Access to HE course at your local FE college.

The grades a\re quite modest. You can do that, then apply for the Bsc paramedic starting 2021.
It will also stop you using up a years HE finance.
It will also be widely accepted at most other unis for a wide variety of courses.
You can also work pt as there is no maintenance loan.
Last edited by 999tigger; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (236)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (181)
43.41%

Watched Threads