Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Would you change your fb relationship status if you had a girlfriend/boyfriend you love and care for or leave it private?
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
depends how old I am. I’m currently 17 and in a relationship but I don’t use Facebook that often so I haven’t changed my relationship status.

If I was older and moved out of home etc. I would change my relationship status as it would let my family and friends know. I’d contact them all privately first of course but I’d change it if i was in a long term relationship.
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Well everybody has there own ideas on this.
Personally if I were in a relationship, I would change my status accordingly.
Not to do this seems to me to be deceitful, and dishonest, just my opinion.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Would you change your fb relationship status if you had a girlfriend/boyfriend you love and care for or leave it private?
Most people I know who are in relationships, not including those who are engaged or married, have their Facebook relationship status set to private (so when you click on it, it says 'no relationship to show' or something similar). I don't know the reason for this, but it could be to stop people commenting every time their status changes (e.g. "That relationship didn't last long", "Oh no what happened?" etc.).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
28.57%
No - I have already returned home (24)
11.82%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (46)
22.66%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (21)
10.34%
No - I live at home during term anyway (54)
26.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed