Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi BB, i'm doing sociology because I don't realy know what to do and uni will put off adulthood and resonsibillity for 3 years(it's also ment to be easy).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Too Drunk)
    Hi BB, i'm doing sociology because I don't realy know what to do and uni will put off adulthood and resonsibillity for 3 years(it's also ment to be easy).
    Oooh you mean sociology is easy? Is it at all interesting? And what about career options?
    I'm not quizzing you I'm just trying to learn about different majors and stuff!

I think it sucks that studying in the UK means you have to decide on what to do with your life at a very early stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xBillyBrownx)
    Hahaha I have decided undecided :p:. I don't really know I'm considering doing a social science. See I'm very very very confused. I just don't know what I want to do with my life and it's driving me nuts.
    sorry for late reply. in HnR arguing, as usual. brb :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lithium)
    sorry for late reply. in HnR arguing, as usual. brb :hugs:
    Okie dokes :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh you mean sociology is easy? Is it at all interesting?
    Yes I got a B without revising at A level and yes it's very intresting but sometimes the statisics can be anoying.

And what about career options?
    Dunno, I havnt realy thought about it i'm just going to uni to mess about and have fun for a bit.

I'm not quizzing you I'm just trying to learn about different majors and stuff!
    Don't worry about it, if I can answer a question I will.

I think it sucks that studying in the UK means you have to decide on what to do with your life at a very early stage.
    It's terible they come up to you at school when your 15 and go "what do you want to do for the rest of your life" how the hell are you ment to know?

Where are you going?

ReputationRep:
    sorry for late reply. in HnR arguing, as usual. brb
    Lith don't temp me to come and join you

ReputationRep:
    Yes I got a B without revising at A level and yes it's very intresting but sometimes the statisics can be anoying.

Dunno, I havnt realy thought about it i'm just going to uni to mess about and have fun for a bit.

Don't worry about it, if I can answer a question I will.

It's terible they come up to you at scholl when your 15 and go "what do you want to do for the rest of your life" how the hell are you ment to know?

Where are you going?
    That's nice! I wish I could do it at ALevel but my school only offered all the serious subjects (plus Art and Design). It seems interesting though.

Haha isn't it expensive? I guess it's important to enjoy uni but I wouldn't COMPLETELY neglect the work if I were you..

I KNOW. I had no idea what I wanted to do so I ended up choosing all the easy/fun subjects and now I don't have as many options for uni course as I'd have wanted.

I'm going to uni here in Egypt but it's American so it's very liberal and you get a lot of time to decide what you want to do, and you can always change and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Haha isn't it expensive? I guess it's important to enjoy uni but I wouldn't COMPLETELY neglect the work if I were you..
    The tax payer helps with alot of it, and anyway moneys only little bits of paper with the Queens head on it. It's far more important to enjoy your self, meet people, get very drunk, have sex ect. Life's for living.

As long as I do the minimum work not to get kicked out I should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    The tax payer helps with alot of it, and anyway moneys only little bits of paper with the Queens head on it. It's far more important to enjoy your self, meet people, get very drunk, have sex ect. Life's for living.

As long as I do the minimum work not to get kicked out I should be fine.
    :yep: That's true.

Well yeah you do have a point.. But it's a very thin line you're walking. I just believe that having fun and being good at school aren't mutually exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'll be OK hopefully I just can't belive i's happining in less than a month, theirs so much to do. Especaly with miving stuf I never would have got so much stuff it I knew I'd have to move.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'll be OK hopefully I just can't belive i's happining in less than a month, theirs so much to do. Especaly with miving stuf I never would have got so much stuff it I knew I'd have to move.
    Yep.. and good luck!
    It's so freaky isn't it?! Hehe do you have to move EVERYTHING? At least I'm not moving out.

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    Well I think the family will be anoyed if I just dump everything around the house so I've got to take alot and throw away the rest, it's going to be a pain decideing what to keep and what to get rid off but it's got to be done.

I'll go up with one packpack full of stuff and the rest will come up a week later so the mainthing is to make sure I can survive for a week from that stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Hi lith anything intresting happen in the last coupple of days I was out on Friday and hungover on sunday.

Edit Sturday dammit.

Fine, you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys :wavey:
    How is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Tired but good, you?

ReputationRep:
    AH! :hello:

Wow it's harder than I thought! Can't you like store the stuff you want to keep at home something? Are you going to be staying in a very small place?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Dani! :wavey: How are you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to bed

:wavey: peeps

ReputationRep:
    Night AH! :hugs:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.