Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Oh aye....?

I'm alright, ta, got another job. I now have 2 :p:

And I'm off to a pub quiz later - one that we've only not won once in 4 weeks
    Wow, you must be well-informed :p:

I won five quid on a quiz machine yesterday, not that it's on the same level :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phantom Phoenix)
    Wow, you must be well-informed :p:

I won five quid on a quiz machine yesterday, not that it's on the same level :dontknow:

I've won the £20 jackpot on the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire pub machine....

...3 times

But yeah, me and my friends are uber geeks:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I've won the £20 jackpot on the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire pub machine....

...3 times

But yeah, me and my friends are uber geeks:yep:
    Huh, show off :p: Where do you get that much general knowledge from? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Huh, show off :p: Where do you get that much general knowledge from? :eek:

My mind is like a sponge....

Meaning it grows on the seabed and is pretty much useless until the point it's being rubbed up and down someone's back....:cool:

Nah, I watch things like QI, I do loads of quizzes, I like random facts. And I can just recall them quickly. I don't know more than other people, I just remember it faster.

ReputationRep:
    My mind is like a sponge....

Meaning it grows on the seabed and is pretty much useless until the point it's being rubbed up and down someone's back....:cool:

Nah, I watch things like QI, I do loads of quizzes, I like random facts. And I can just recall them quickly. I don't know more than other people, I just remember it faster.
    Well, it sounds useful if you're a few quid down on the rent anyway :p: I'm impressed!

ReputationRep:
    Well, it sounds useful if you're a few quid down on the rent anyway :p: I'm impressed!

I have yet to attempt 'Weakest Link' or anything else yet... Maybe one day though

ReputationRep:
    I have yet to attempt 'Weakest Link' or anything else yet... Maybe one day though
    You really should :yep:

ReputationRep:
    You really should :yep:

Nah, if I got on Weakest Link I'd be the one voted off before the second to last round as people gang up on me :p:

Millionaire costs too much to try and get on, but offers greater financial rewards!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, if I got on Weakest Link I'd be the one voted off before the second to last round as people gang up on me :p:

Millionaire costs too much to try and get on, but offers greater financial rewards!
    Hmm. You could pretend to not be as knowledgeable as you are, then when it came to the last round you could be all "ta-dah! I know everything!" and flatten the last person :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. You could pretend to not be as knowledgeable as you are, then when it came to the last round you could be all "ta-dah! I know everything!" and flatten the last person :yes:

Ah, but then I would get voted off sooner for being inept! :p: Tis a tricky thing

Think I'll stick to hustling pub quizzes

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but then I would get voted off sooner for being inept! :p: Tis a tricky thing

Think I'll stick to hustling pub quizzes
    Fine line...you may be right. Travel around the country getting money out of quizzes :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Fine line...you may be right. Travel around the country getting money out of quizzes :yes:

And getting to have a few pints while you're at it. Can't think of much better

And even if you don't win - you keep learning.. You never know when things will pop up.

One of the questions on University Challenge this week was used at our pub last week...

ReputationRep:
    And getting to have a few pints while you're at it. Can't think of much better

And even if you don't win - you keep learning.. You never know when things will pop up.

One of the questions on University Challenge this week was used at our pub last week...
    Good advice actually, I may see if there's a regular one somewhere nearby.

ReputationRep:
    Good advice actually, I may see if there's a regular one somewhere nearby.

Yeah, you should, they're good fun.

Just coming up with a new funny name every week is entertaining enough

"Luke, Cat, Mike Hock and Si" was our favourite. Though, I'm always a fan of "fat kids are harder to kidnap".

Does your SU not do one? We're thinking of heading down to York Uni and York St Johns' when they both get up and running :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you should, they're good fun.

Just coming up with a new funny name every week is entertaining enough

"Luke, Cat, Mike Hock and Si" was our favourite. Though, I'm always a fan of "fat kids are harder to kidnap".

Does your SU not do one? We're thinking of heading down to York Uni and York St Johns' when they both get up and running :p:
    Probably they do, I had no social life last year so I didn't get to have any fun. We'll see this year now the evil illness is finally retreating :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Probably they do, I had no social life last year so I didn't get to have any fun. We'll see this year now the evil illness is finally retreating :woo:

Haha, good to hear.

They're a lot of fun. You could use me as a ringer, too

ReputationRep:
    Haha, good to hear.

They're a lot of fun. You could use me as a ringer, too
    Is that as fun as it sounds? :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    Is that as fun as it sounds? :hubba:

No :no:

It's better

ReputationRep:
    No :no:

It's better
    Ooh, sounds good

I'm busy begging references from all and sundry at the moment :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, sounds good

I'm busy begging references from all and sundry at the moment :erm:

Oh... Fun.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.